Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More
SPECIAL VIP OPPORTUNITIES AT THE 2010 AMGEN TOUR OF CALIFORNIA
World-Class Sporting Event Gives Fans Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences Through Unique VIP Packages
LOS ANGELES (April 28, 2010) â€“ With less than a month to go before the 2010 Amgen Tour of California, AEG, organizer of the race, is offering unique VIP experiences for everyone from the cycling enthusiast, to the casual fan, to the general thrill seeker.Â The one-of-a-kind VIP experiences are unlike any other opportunity and will allow fans to get right in the action of the professional cycling race.
With several custom-designed VIP packages available, fans will have exclusive opportunities to get an insider’s view of the action.Â VIP fans of the2010 Amgen Tour of California will have the chance toÂ interact with the best cyclists in the world and access exclusive events, as well as the chance to experience the race from the inside out.Â Availability is extremely limited for all the VIP experiences and there is no guarantee that a particular experience will be available, so fans are encouraged to book soon.
Break down of the different VIP opportunities after the break!
Special experiences include:
Â· â€œCycle â€˜n So Cal Weekend Getawayâ€ â€“ The ultimate fan experience, offering fans an opportunity to enjoy all of the VIP options for the last three days of the race.Â Buyers will be provided with roundtrip airport transfers, three-nights ofÂ hotel accommodation, private transfer to Palmdale for the stage 6 start, VIP car ride from Palmdale to Big Bear Lake, green room area experience at the Big Bear Lake finish, private transfer back from Big Bear Lake to Los Angeles, participation in the amateur time trial at L.A. LIVE on Saturday morning, one VIP suite pass for Stage 7, admission to The Grammy Museum at L.A. LIVE, one game card for the ESPN Zone at L.A. LIVE, private transfer to Stage 8 and one VIP suite pass for Stage 8.
- Northern California Weekend Package â€“ Another ultimate cycling experience, this package includes roundtrip airport transfers, admission to the official Team Presentation Gala in Sacramento, two-night hotel accommodations in Sacramento, roundtrip transfer to Nevada City for the Stage 1 start, official Amgen Leader Jersey and hat, one VIP suite pass for Stage 1 and one pass to watch post-race cyclist interviews in the official green room area.
- â€œThe Ride of a Lifetimeâ€ â€“ VIP Car Ride â€“ Experience the thrill of lifetime by following the cyclists in an official race car.Â Experience the crowd, the course, the energy and the excitement from the convenience of an escorted vehicle.Â The buyer gets a seat in an Amgen Tour of Californiaofficial car, which will travel along the race route just behind the cyclists, and one VIP suite pass.Â The buyer also receives an Amgen Leader Jersey to take home as a souvenir of the memorable day.
- Wheels and Winners Finish Line Package â€“ Experience all the finish line festivities and receive exclusive access to behind-the-scenes experiences in each of the eight finish cities.Â This package includes one VIP suite pass, a tour of the official Amgen Tour of California media compound, one official Amgen Leader Jersey and hat, exclusive access to the official post-stage press conference and the opportunity to watch post-race cyclist interviews in the official green room area.
- Time Trial Ride Experience â€“ For fans wondering what it’s like to experience the thrills of being a professional cyclist, this is their chance.Â Buyers will be invited to participate in the amateur time trial on the official time trial course in downtown Los Angeles prior to the start of stage 7, just hours before the competitors.
- â€œDine with the Prosâ€ â€“ Team Dinner â€“ This is a unique opportunity to spend an evening dining with some of the top athletes in the world.Â The buyer and a guest will get to attend one of the team dinners at the end of a race day (excluding Thousand Oaks, Modesto and Bakersfield) and will be seated at a VIP table.Â He/she will have the opportunity to meet and interact with the athletes that are competing daily for the Amgen Leader Jersey.Â The buyer also will receive one of the coveted Amgen Leader Jerseys to take home as a souvenir of the evening.
- VIP Suite Passes â€“ The best way to see the most incredible race action is in one of the VIP suites.Â Located at the finish line of each stage, VIP guests will enjoy complimentary food and beverages, live race feeds on flat screen monitors and exclusive road-side viewing as the cyclists speed across the finish line.
About the Amgen Tour of California
The largest cycling event in America, the 2010 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race presented by AEG that challenges the worldâ€™s top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course from May 16-23.
Amgen discovers, develops, manufactures and delivers innovative human therapeutics.Â A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science’s promise by bringing safe and effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient.Â Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses.Â With a broad and deep pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives.Â To learn more about Amgen’s pioneering science and vital medicines, visitwww.amgen.com
.Â To learn more about Amgenâ€™s Breakaway from Cancer initiative, visit www.breakawayfromcancer.com
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, The Home Depot Center, Sprint Center, The O2, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE and Nokia Theatre Times Square; sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), two Major League Soccer franchises, two hockey franchises operated in Europe, management of privately held shares of the Los Angeles Lakers, the ING Bay to Breakers foot race, and the Amgen Tour of California cycling road race; AEG LIVE, the organizationâ€™s live-entertainment division, is a collection of companies dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance, touring, and a variety of programming and multi-media production. For more information, visit AEG today atwww.aegworldwide.com
#Â #Â #