After much excitement, the new Transition Patrol Carbon is here. Built with WTF carbon fiber and modeled as an updated and improved version of the Patrol aluminum, the bike serves as the flagship enduro model from Transition with 155/160mm of travel.
And since no Transition launch is complete without poking a little fun at industry standards and acronyms, the Patrol is packed with new tech that will leave you wanting…
You have to wonder how long it took to come up with a few of these, but I suppose the P.A.B.S.T. system would help get the brain juices flowing. All kidding aside, the Patrol is a fun looking bike that is 600g lighter than the previous aluminum model with all of the strength and stiffness. That makes for a 6.5 lb frame with rear shock (medium) that runs 142×12, a threaded bottom bracket, and includes the Transition GiddyUp Link system and their Progressive geometry for a modern trail feel.
Available in TR Blue or Race Raw (black and blue), frames start at $3199 with a RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair shock, and complete builds starting at $5199 for the Carbon 3 to $7599 for the Carbon 1. Check out our original post from Crankworx or Eurobike, or Transitionbikes.com for full specs and geometry numbers.
- Progressive Geometry – Long, Low and Slack
- Giddy Up Link Suspension, 155mm Rear and 160mm Front
- Integrated Rubber Chainstay Protection
- Collet Style Main Pivot Hardware
- ISCG05 Chainguide Mounting
- Syntace X12 Rear 142mm Axle and Universal Transition Derailleur Hanger
- Full Size Water Bottle Fits Inside Front Triangle
- User Friendly 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Tubes Inside Tubes Internal Cable Routing for Easy Setup
- Medium Frame Weight With Rear Shock: 6.5 lbs.