Bid Good Night to 2020 with an evening under the stars – So it might be cold where you are, but what better way to say goodbye to a wild year than spending one last good night sleeping outside, under the stars. Bikepacking.com is urging us to challenge ourselves with one last socially-distant overnighter. That was pretty much my Editor’s Choice Experience of the year – taking in a sub 24 hour overnighter to escape from the chaotic year.
Completing a December S24O is definitely a challenge, and one you’ll likely need good gear to enjoy. But if you have a good tent, and a good sleeping bag, why not strap them to your bike and head out into nature for one more night outside.
Bikepacking invites your to your own local overnighter between Christmas & New Year’s. Join in on their remote event, sign up on their site, and you could win a number of bags they’ll have up for grabs.
The rules are simple:
- Rule #1: Camp out with your bike between December 26 & 31.
- Rule #2: Keep it small and self-sufficient.
- Rule #3: Have a good night.
Sign up over at Bikepacking.com and spread the love on Instagram with #GoodNight2020Campout.
- Win a Poster-a-Week calendar from Bombtrack – Originally made as a present for their dealers and team riders to remember each other’s adventures throughout the year, Bombtrack decided to get into some gambling to round out a risky year. They pulled aside 10 calendars to raffle off to their YouTube subscribers, just subscribe by midnight in Europe this weekend – Sun, Dec 20 23:59 CET. With the quality of storytelling they crank out, you won’t b sorry, even if you don’t win! The weekly calendar features 53 of their favorite poster shots, from rides of the Bombtrack family – now delivered to ten more lucky followers. Bombtrack.com
- #YuleRidings, winnings & 25% off from Muc-off’s Christmas Strava Challenge – Muc-Off are challenging us to get some fresh air over the holidays. Log at least 5 hours of riding on Strava over the seven days between Xmas-New Year’s, and you’ll earn a 25% off discount code for anything at Muc-Off.com. But wait there’s more! There’ll also be an even bigger prize draw… finishers will be entered to win a custom-painted Muc-Off bike of their choice, up to the value of £2500/$3300/€2800, PLUS a year’s supply of Muc-Off products to keep that custom bike looking fresh. Muc-Off.com
Race & Industry News
- EWS unveils biggest race calendar ever for 2021 – Hot off a messy abbreviated racing year, the Enduro World Series is coming back strong next season, adding new venues to the racing from June-October. Our own EWS-er Jessie-May is amped for the new finish in her backyard in the forests of Scotland. New racing formats see double rounds for some venues, a Pro Stage that runs on the evening prior to the main race day, updated race Rule Book, and of course the fact that the finale is no longer in Finale! It’s in the Tweed Valley! Where the EWS in HQ’d. EnduroWorldSeries.com
- YT’s TUES celebrates a decade of innovation & development – Even after constrained downhill mountain bike racing too, YT was happy with their 10-year-old TUES, proving “yet again that it is one of the greediest bikes out there, enabling Oisin O’Callaghan and David Trummer to ride to Gold and Silver during the World Champs.” Celebrating its tenth anniversary since the conception of the V4L suspension linkage, YT test rider Erik Irmisch sends it on the big rig through Germany – the 32-year-old rider having played an essential role in the bike’s evolution. YT-industries.com