- Get your limited Paul Components in blue now – OK, so purple is officially out and blue is in. We know it is just another anodized aluminum color. But we were kinda psyched when we saw that Paul Components was going to do a limited edition run of blue parts for consumers. Well we just got word that they are available and shipping out now. Stock is limited and will apparently vary monthly. So act fast get in your orders and trick out your bike with Made in the USA blue bits. You know you have a bike that needs a bit more color in its life. PaulComp.com
Check out some places to ride and new gear after the break…
- World Bicycle Relief’s Bikes for students in Zambia – World Bicycle Relief just launched its July campaign to raise funds and provide life-changing bicycles for students in Zambia. All funds raised in July, up to $240,000, will be matched dollar for dollar by a group of generous individual supporters as well as Backroads and Thomson Reuters. The goal is 3200 bikes for students in need. Find out more and how to support the campaign at: WorldBicycleRelief.org. WBR also followed two Zambian students, Aaron and Teddy, who were given a Buffalo Bicycle and are now studying in the U.S. You can see more about their stories and a short video interview with them here their Chasing Dreams page.
Where to Ride
- Trek Travel adds summer trips to Yellowstone & the Grand Tetons – The newest addition to Trek Travel’s popular National Park offerings features bicycling, rafting, wildlife safari viewing and visits to Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone for their sixth trip within a national park. The new six-day, five-night trip is offered on five more dates this summer. In addition to bicycling, the trip features whitewater rafting on the Snake River, an animal viewing safari in Yellowstone National Park led by a naturalist, a geyser walk at Old Faithful and a visit to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone with its majestic Upper and Lower Falls. TrekTravel.com
Gear & Tech
- Win a Catlike Mixino Tour de France Edition – Catlike is celebrate their last victory in Tour de France finish in Morzine, by raffling a one-off helmet. This Catlike Mixino helmet comes in a special yellow general classification leader Tour de France Edition. To get in on the contest you have to head on over to their Facebook, like & share the raffle post. Catlike.es
- Get in on the silent action for this custom 8bax x Toons fixie – Toons One is one of the most well known European urban artists with an airbrush. We’ve seen a number of his customized bikes over the years and now this one can be yours to. 8bar is running a an online silent auction for the Krzberg V4 frameset until midnight (CET) July 13 for this one-off ‘4 Elements’ frameset. 8bar-bikes.com
- The Invisible Mile, a historical novel of le Tour de France – Today it’s a star-studded tour with teams & riders from around the world. But a new novel from David Coventry looks back at a simpler, but more demanding race. The Invisible Mile follows the first English-speaking team to enter the Tour in 1928. The underfinanced, undertrained riders in the Ravat-Wonder team faced one of the toughest routes in the race’s history. It was 5,476 kilometers over much rougher roads through a landscape scarred by the legacy of war. 162 cyclists began the race that year, only 42 finished. Check it out from EuropaEditions.com or pretty much anywhere you get books these days.