- Ultimate Cargo Bike Gift Giving Guide, with deals from Yuba – If you might be considering the Cargo Bike life for your family, Yuba thinks they can point you in the right direction for the holidays. They have deals on their front loading cargo bike, their Flip Flop – the world’s only cargo balance bike, plus lights & dynamo setups, and even smaller stocking stuffer ideas. Plus they are again running a Christmas Trees by Cargo Bike hauling contest that you can enter by sharing a photo of your tree haul. Check out all the details on their Facebook, or go straight to: YubaBikes.com.
Where to ride
- Register now for the 2018 BC Bike Ride, Aug 4-12 – This one is in pretty big demand, so BCBR opens up the registration early. Only 50 slots are offered for the unique mountain bike vacation that takes in some of the best trail that Prince George, Burns Lake, Smithers, and Terrace have to offer. Full details on the guided trip across northern British Columbia at: BCBikeRide.com
- Sufferfest adds new The Trick & The Chores training videos – Sure, the Sufferfest did just release a new workout – Who Dares, featuring footage from the UCI Women’s World Tour. But the training pain has no end at the Sufferfest. So taking their library up to a total of 44 coach-designed sessions, two more videos join the app. The Trick is built to improve your Anaerobic Capacity and the ability to sustain power after repeated, all-out attacks. And The Chores is a do-it-all session to maintain and improve nearly every aspect of your fitness. TheSufferfest.com
- YT Industries reshapes YT USA structure – Instead of going through the previously separate service & distribution partner that had been managing YT in the states, their California-based subsidiary YT Industries USA Inc. is now be running the show in the US. This means they can now fully implement the same direct sales strategy that they have in Europe for American customers. That promises more attractive pricing, improved service, and greater bike availability, all based out of their new San Clemente, CA YT USA HQ. At the same time YT thanks Cam Zink who has been running a service & distribution center in Reno for the last 3 years to keep things running. But now Cam will get pulled a bit deeper into the YT family, while also staying on as a sponsored rider. YT-Industries.com
- European Cycling Union to develop EU e-bike racing – Watching the e-bike sector grow in Europe, the Union Européenne de Cyclisme is joining the UCI as recognizing it as another possible division of competitive cycling and a way to covert more people to cyclists. So the UEC has started developing a project to organize major e-bikeevents catering to a broad road & XC audience. They hope in 2018 to carry out test events, with the goal of a UEC e-Bike European Tour & official European Championships for e-bikes within two years. UEC.ch
Gear & Deals
- THM to be more available in US & Canada – THM is expanding on its North American presence with a new US-based business unit run out of Aliso Viejo, CA. The German manufactured super-premium carbon brand should get improved availability & servicing with the new setup. THM North America will manage all dealer & consumer sales, plus support functions. Order fulfillment will be carried out by new-ish parent 3T‘s US distributor, Vittoria Industries North America. THM.bike