State stiffens up new fixie crit-ready Undefeated II – At first glance, it looks like State Bicycle Co. just slapped another simple paint job on one of their alloy fixed gear bikes. But in fact, the new Undefeated II is full redesigned around a revised, stiffer front triangle. Gone are the aero tube shapes, in favor of good old oversized 7005 alloy tubes for Red Hook-ready street sprints out of corners.
Aero cranks a fancy wheels will still help you go fast, if need be. Or tool around town in its more classy styling. Complete bikes will run you $980, or just $580 for the frameset in black with rainbow stripes or photo blue. StateBicycle.com
Where to Ride
- Scott inspires with ‘The Escape‘ a new series on road & gravel rides – Want to escape your daily routine for a ride? Scott’s new road & gravel series hopes to inspire you for your next weekend adventure. The Escape will highlight some of the most beautiful road & groads around the world, where Scott pros & ambassadors will share their favorite rides. To make it accessible, each Escape will include a map, GPX file & rating of the ride’s difficulty. First stop, the Grosse Scheidegg in the middle of the Swiss Alps. Scott-Sports.com
- Rip the park w/ David Lieb & his GT La Bomba, fresh out of the box – GT rider David Lieb got a new La Bomba and wasted no time getting down to business. Water down the dirt jumps & pump track, and go to town. GTbicycles.com
Advocacy & Industry News
- All Kids Bike Campaign wants to teach every kid in America to ride a bike – The nonprofit All Kids Bike aims to coordinate donations of free bicycles and spread a proven curriculum to kindergarten classes throughout the country. Funded by a coalition of parents, educators, health care providers, businesses, nonprofits & members of the general public, the aim is a nationwide program to teach every child in the USA to ride a two-wheel bicycle. More than 100 schools in 8 states are already participating. Find out how you can help & take a pledge to get involved at: AllKidsBike.org
- Park taking submissions for 4th Annual Park Tool Community Tool Grants – Park is again accepting for the fourth year of their Community Grant Tool Program, designed to help local non-profit cycling organizations worldwide get the gear needed to service their communities. Ten non-profit, cycling-based programs with receive a tool kit & 2 repair stands to support their work, valued at $1400 for each awardee. Plus, this year they’re also upping the commitment by giving one of the ten winners an additional $1000 to spend on additional Park Tool products. Apply now through the end of 2018: ParkTool.com
- Silca #Pumps4Programs supports worthy causes on Giving Tuesday – Today may be the dark day of consumerism, followed by Monday when we all shop from our work computer. But next Tuesday, Nov 28 is Giving Tuesday. And Silca is giving back with pumps to worthy bike co-ops, cycling nonprofits & rider development programs. When you buy kit from them on Tuesday, Silca will actually return the favor by supplying their long lasting, orange Pista pump to organizations will put them to good use. Silca.cc
ALL THE BLACK FRIDAY DEALS
- It is totally Black Friday, yo! – If you didn’t yet get on the #OptOutside train, you are hopefully sitting at a computerized device shopping for holiday present deals. We hope you didn’t (GASP!) actually go shopping in the public mayhem today. Anyway, there are way too many deals going on now to list them again, but we’ve been live updating the most important over on our Black Friday Cycling Deals Mega Roundup at: Bikerumor.com, duh!