Heading into a big weekend of gravel racing and riding with both the Dirty Kanza and the Lost & Found Gravel Grinder, Eason is rolling out the next addition to the AX line. What is the Easton AX line? In a word: adventure. Featuring both carbon and aluminum components, anything branded with an AX is meant for drop bar adventures that will take you through just about any road or trail surface. And now, Easton is adding a higher version of their AX aluminum wheels with the new EA90 AX Disc.
Starting with a tubeless ready aluminum rim with an asymmetric rim bed for balanced spoke tension and improved durability, the AX rim also offers a gravel-ready inner width at 25mm. Outside, the rim measures 29mm and has a 21mm depth to create a sturdy aluminum profile that gives 35-55mm tires a supportive base.
Offered only in 700c, the wheels have a 24 spoke build with Sapim straight pull double butted spokes in a 3x pattern and external alloy nipples. Each wheel is built to the Easton Vault Road Centerlock hubs which offer 60 point, 6° engagement and 12mm thru axle compatibility – though they can also be converted to every major axle standard.
Weighing in at 1625g for the set, the wheelset comes taped and with valves for $799.99.
EA90 AX Spec:
- WHEEL WEIGHT – 1625 g
- FINISH – BLACK ANODIZED / VINYL DECALS
- TYPE – TUBELESS READY ALUMINUM CLINCHER
- RIM MATERIAL – EA90 ALUMINUM
- RIM DIAMETER – 700c
- RIM DEPTH – 21MM
- INTERNAL RIM WIDTH – 25MM
- EXTERNAL RIM WIDTH – 29 MM
- SPOKES – SAPIM STRAIGHT-PULL DOUBLE BUTTED
- SPOKE PATTERN – 24 / 3X
- DISC COMPATIBILITY – CENTER LOCK ROTOR MOUNT
- NIPPLE TYPE – DT EXTERNAL ALLOY
- FRONT/REAR HUB – EASTON VAULT CENTER-LOCK 12X100 / 12X142*
- ENGAGEMENT – 60 POINT, 6°
- BEARING TYPE – SEALED CARTRIDGE BEARINGS
- FREEHUB COMPATIBILITY – SHIMANO, XDR, CAMPAGNOLO**
- *CONVERTIBLE TO ALL MAJOR AXLE STANDARDS WITH TOOL FREE ENDCAPS
- **CONVERTIBLE WITH TOOL FREE REMOVAL