Bontrager added another piece to its super-premium Race Shop Limited (RSL) line; the Aeolus RSL saddle. The newest version of the Aelous saddle boasts a premium design, surpassing the Aeolus Pro as the race-ready saddle for the Trek-Segafredo team.
The original concept of the Aeolus is to pair comfort and power for cyclists who ride in an aggressive aero position. The saddle’s shape allows the user to rotate further forward into an aggressive pedaling posture without unwanted pressure on soft tissue. Trek Factory Racing and the Trek-Segafredo team helped create the Aeolus RSL as a piece that is both, lightweight and comfortable.
142 grams — OCLV carbon everything
The most notable update to the Aeolus RSL is the slightly tweaked carbon rails and an entire OCLV carbon shell — melded together with minimal padding. This blend of updated construction and padding take the 145mm version down from 170g (Pro Version) to a very light 142g for the same size Aeolus RSL.
Details — Bontrager RSL Aeolus saddle
- Developed for the needs of Trek Factory Racing to cover multiple disciplines
- A short profile provides targeted support for any gender rider in an aero riding position
- Full saddle cut-out minimizes soft-tissue pressure allowing for a more powerful, rotated position
- The OCLV carbon shell minimizes weight and offers comfort over long distances.
- Minimal bonded padding shaves weight and creates a sleek, high-end aesthetic
- Two sizes designed to align saddle with bone structure and avoid soft-tissue compression
- Price: $315.00
- Sizes/Weights: 145mm (142g) 155mm (146g)
Bontrager RSL Aeolus saddle sizes and availability
The Bontrager RSL Aeolus saddle is available in two sizes, 145mm (142g) and 155mm (146g) widths. The saddle will be available for purchase later this month at trekbikes.com and Treks global network of retail partners. Like all Bontrager products, Aeolus RSL is backed by the 30-Day Unconditional Guarantee, which gives riders 30 days to love their purchase. If they don’t, Bontrager will take it back.
We have one coming in for a full review so stay tuned for real weights and ride impressions.