Continuing right along with their roll out of new models for 2020, Canfield Bikes just hit with a ONE.2 punch. That ONE.2 is their latest long travel model which “draws on the heritage of the original The One as well as the brand’s roots in DH and freeride with a modern take.,” according to Canfield Bikes CEO and Designer, Lance Canfield. Still packing up to 8″of travel, the ONE.2 gets a modernized wheel and geometry package as well as the latest iteration of the Canfield Balance Formula suspension system.
In its stock configuration, the ONE.2 offers 203mm of rear travel through an Öhlins TTX22 Coil. If shorter travel is preferred, that number can be shrunk down to 190mm with a short stroke shock. That gives you the option of building the bike up with a full 200mm travel dual crown fork for a DH race or park monster, or set it up with a 180mm single crown and a dropper post to make it a long travel freeride machine. Internal cable routing with interchangeable ports for different configurations makes that dropper post set up possible.
Designed around 29″ wheels and tires, the ONE.2 is said to also be compatible with 27.5″ wheels or the 27.5″ rear and 29″ front mullet build. However, there doesn’t appear to be any sort of adjustment to compensate for the difference in wheel size, so the use of 27.5″ wheels will drop the bottom bracket from 356.5mm to 337.8mm in height.
Available in three sizes, the frame has a head tube angle of 63° with a 601mm axle to crown fork. Note that the Öhlins DH fork is a bit longer at 620mm which results in an actual head tube angle of 62.2°.
Built from 7005 aluminum with CNC CBF links, the frame includes 20mm pivot bearings and Metric shock sizing. Additional frame details include a 1.5″ head tube, ISCG 05 tabs, an 83mm threaded bottom bracket, and 150 x 12mm rear spacing.
• 29” / 27.5” Downhill/Freeride
• 7005 aluminum with CNC links
• Patented Canfield Balance Formula™ Suspension
• 203mm/190mm travel
• Frame Includes Öhlins TTX22 Coil
• Internal Cable Routing w/ Interchangeable Ports
• Custom CBF Chainstay Protector
• 1.5 headtube
• 20mm pivot bearings
• Replaceable rear derailleur hanger, spare hanger included
• Available in Bentonite Grey with orange links, or Avalanche White with black links
• Available in three sizes
• Shock Specs: Metric: 250mm x 75mm (203mm), 250 x 70mm (190mm) (20mmX8mm/40mmX8mm hardware)
• Recommend fork length: 180mm – 200mm
• Headset: 49.6mm upper/lower
• Front derailleur: Not available
• Bottom bracket: 83mm, threaded
• Seatpost: 30.9mm, stealth dropper compatible
• Seatpost clamp: 35mm
• Rear dropouts: 150mm x 12mm, Canfield axle included
• 20mm pivot bearings
• ISCG 05
• Brake mount: IS 160mm
Offered for pre-order in Bentonite Grey with orange links or Avalanche white with black links, the ONE.2 will be sold as a frame & shock ($2,099.99), frame + fork + shock ($3,449.99), or a complete bike with their Factory Build ($4,999.99). Meant to be a best-performance-for-the-money type build, the Factory Build uses high end parts where it matters most with solid but more cost conscious parts elsewhere.
Canfield Bikes mentions that the photos above are of a prototype, so when the final production versions are available in May, it’s possible they’ll vary slightly from what’s shown.
COMPLETE BIKE FACTORY BUILD
• Fork: Öhlins DH – 29er, Boost
• Rear Shock: Öhlins TTX22 Coil
• Wheels: Spank Vibrocore 350 front / 359 rear
• Tires: Maxxis Assegai 29×2.5 WT
• Shifter: SRAM XO1 DH 7spd
• Derailleur: SRAM GX1 DH 7spd
• Cassette: SRAM PG720 DH 11-25
• Cranks: Canfield 165mm w/ 34T ring
• Chainguide: MRP G4 Alloy 32-36T
• Bar: Spank Spike Vibrocore 800mm, 15mm rise
• Stem: Spank DM 40 Limited Edition
• Grips: Spank Spike 30mm
• Brakes: SRAM Code R
• Rotors: SRAM Centerline 200mm
• Seatpost: Spank Custom
• Saddle: Custom Canfield SDG Radar MTN
• Seatpost Clamp: Canfield