Hunt embraces the wider overall gear range of lightning-quick Powershift internal gear shifting in this set of lightweight XC carbon Classified x Hunt Proven mountain bike wheels. Delivered ready to pop in the Classified internals, the Hunt Proven wheels can upgrade your drivetrain to 530% gearing from just 1339g, plus the roughly 850g more for the complete shifting internals, controller and 12speed cassette…
Classified x Hunt Proven Carbon Race XC mountain bike wheels
The Classified x Hunt Proven Carbon Race XC wheels simply take Hunt’s top-tier but affordable carbon XC race wheels, and swaps out their standard rear hub for the empty Classified alloy hubshell, ready to receive the fast-shifting 2-speed planetary internal gear box. Convert your wide-spaced modern 1x 12-speed mountain bike back to 2x with closer gear steps and wider range, while keeping all the modern 1x benefits too.
Carbon Race XC Tech details
• wide 30mm internal hookless tubeless carbon rim
• low 22mm profile rim for XC race-ready light weight and durability
• 29″ and Boost spacing only for modern MTB race compataibility
• built with straightpull 28h centerlock Hunt Proven alloy front hub & hollow Classified Powershift rear hub shell – ready to accept the Powershift drive system
• laced with extra-strong cold-forged Pillar 1420 bladed stainless steel spokes, front & rear
• only 1339g for the wheelset excluding Powershift internals (add ~600g for the Classified mechanics + 250g for the proprietary cassette)
Classified x Hunt Proven XC – Pricing & availability
You can pre-order Hunt’s Classified x Proven Carbon Race XC mountain bike wheels now for $1150 / £950 / 1200€ without the Classified Powershift mechanics inside. That will add another 1450€ for the Powershift hub, cassette & shifter kit – direct from Classified. Technically, that looks like identical pricing if you were to buy Classified’s own-branded 30mm internal, 1365g carbon XC wheelset.
Hunt hasn’t shared official timing ahead of today’s Sea Otter launch, but we expect availability by June. Anyway, the trick is still that the hub internals themselves won’t officially be available from Classified until the end of May, either.