Building off the original Fox Live Valve, which used multiple sensors to open and lock both fork and shock in 3 milliseconds, the new E-Live Valve taps into Bosch drive systems for automatic eMTB suspension control. E-Live Valve was announced almost a year ago, and now, finally, they’ve got all the details, the app, and it’s coming on bikes.
Designed in partnership with Bosch, E-Live Valve is meant to piggyback off of the e-bike’s battery system so there’s only one battery that you have to remember to charge. Modes can be controlled directly through the KIOX display on the e-bike, or they can be micro-adjusted through the Fox Live Valve eMTB smartphone app.
- COMMUTE – Provides a high bump threshold for traveling to and from the trailhead, ideal for tarmac or hard packed surfaces.
- FIRM – An aggressive feeling ride – keeps up speed and is great for technical climbs.
- SPORT – The most balanced mode in the line, suitable for all riding conditions. The set and forget setting for everything the trail throws at you.
- COMFORT – Reduces the bump thresholds and gives your body less of a hard time. Front and rear are always coupled for comfort. You can sit down, spin your legs and let the motor and E-live Valve do the work.
- OPEN – Used for the initial setup, or your proof loop on your local trails to see that with E-Live Valve, you will ride faster, longer and more secure.
Together, there are five different base modes to choose from with everything from Commute to get to the trailhead and back, or full Open. If you want to adjust those five pre-programmed settings, you can connect your phone to the bike via Bluetooth and customize the mode settings and the mode order to make it faster to cycle through to your preferred settings on the KIOX.
Fox will even push custom tunes through the cloud that you can upload to your bike, say if you were headed for a mountain bike vacation in Sedona, but you normally ride somewhere with smoother terrain. These settings will be stored in the “Bull Pen” section of the app and can be added to the active section as needed. Furthermore, the app can be used to keep different rider settings for the same bike in case it’s a shared e-bike for riders of different weights or riding styles.