- Photo above: Volunteers help Leave No Trace restore trails inside Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Colo., as part of CLIF BAR’sMeet the Moment Day of Action.
- Both of Ray’s Indoor MTB Parks have opened and have new features for you to check out, including a new Novice Room open for riders who are still tuning up their skills. Their Annual Grand Opening Celebrity BBQ’s will be held Saturday, October 15th at the Ray’s in Milwaukee, and Saturday, October 22nd at the Ray’s in Cleveland. Professional riders be on hand to ride the trails with you, and then serve you a free (with paid admission) BBQ-style lunch.
- Registration for the 6-Hours of Warrior Creek Mountain Bike Race, happening on April 7th, 2012 in Wilkesboro, NC, begins October 31st, 12am EST. Set your alarm clocks, because this race fills up FAST – 350 spots filled up in 36 hours for last years race, and this year there will only be 300 spots available. A coupon code for 20% off the first 100 entries will be released “sometime before October 31st” and they’re being mysterious about where that coupon code will show up: “We may tweet it, post it on FB or let some of our bloggerfriends and website admin type people put it out there for the world.”
More Friday Roundup after the break:
- The 2011 Teva Mountain Games will be featured in the next episode of World of Adventure Sports, an action and adventure sports series, airing this Sunday, October 9th at 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT. Host Todd Harris of NBC Sports brings viewers the fifth episode of the 2011 season from Teva Mountain Games in Vail, Colorado. Professional and amateur outdoor-adventure athletes from around the world compete in eight sports and 23 disciplines including x-country mountain biking, freeride mountain biking, slopestyle and road cycling, kayaking, trail running, raft cross, World Cup Bouldering, stand up paddling and much more.
- Need a cool mask for Halloween that’s eco-friendly and made of bicycle tubes? Check these out from Urban Lace.
- The Greensboro, NC Trek Store is having it’s 2nd Annual Trek Breast Cancer Awareness Ride this Saturday at 10:00am. The ride is open to riders of all abilities. Pre-registered riders will receive goodie bags, and all riders will be entered to win prizes including a Trek Madone! 100% of the entry fees will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. …and, join them Sunday, October 9th at Bur-Mil park for a Demo Day 10am-3pm.
- Sidewall Distribution (of BMX bike parts) is holding a month long “like-a-thon”. If you “Like” their Facebook page you will be entered in 2 drawings for limited edition goods signed by Mat Hoffman. Check their website for the 411 on the prizes.
- LifeKraze is a new social network that wants you to share your accomplishments and have your friends award you points for doing so. Points can be redeemed for prizes like rubber erasers and stickers. No, not really. You’ll have to join the website to really find out – basically prizes will be various offers and discounts from their ‘active-lifestyle’ partners.
- Cycology Clothing is back. They offer up tees with unique, original art work that is designed to make you think with its double entendre. The designs are cycling and running themed and come in mens and womens specific sizing. Cost is $35 AUD (about $34 USD)