Skip to content
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More
- Check out Delivery, a short documentary about a Brooklyn man who delivers pizzas on a fixed gear bicycle, above.
- Happy Friday! Western Spirit Cycling Adventures has a BIG surprise for you today. Book any trip with them between now and December 15th and receive a 15% discount on the cost of the trip.
- Do you think you have what it takes to be a factory rider? Rolf Prima, the high-end, US based wheel manufacturer is currently accepting applications for their Factory Team. Current members of the Rolf Prima Factory Team ride and compete in Triathlon, Road, Mountain and Cyclocross events around the US.Interested athletes can read more about the Rolf Prima Factory Team at www.rolfprima.com/factory-team, or send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for a new messenger bag? TIMBUK2 is currently offering 30%* off of Almost Everything. Use the coupon code RIDEWITHUS. Be sure to read the fine print at the top-left of the page HERE.
- If a discount isn’t enough, Timbuk2 has joined with Intrepid Travel, Quito Tourism, LAN Airlines and Blood Sweat and Cheers to give you the chance to win a ridiculously amazing experience in Quito, Ecuador. One Grand Prize winner will win a trip for two a full package of Timbuk2 travel products. One 1st place winner will win a full package of Timbuk2 travel products. Click HERE for the entry form.
- World Bicycle Relief is changing lives with the bicycle. The organization has just announced it’s exciting new Year End Campaign that highlights how the power of bicycles is radically changing people’s lives in rural Africa. This year’s video highlights how Tamara’s life was transformed in 2014 when she received a Buffalo Bicycle to help get to school on time and with energy to learn.
- Those who overhaul just got overhauled. Well, sort of. Suspension Experts just launched a new website devoted to clear communication about mountain bike suspension and the latest product information from Fox, RockShox, Cane Creek and PUSH Industries. The new website was designed with mobile users in mind and is optimized for tablets and smart phones. The site has a new and improved work order form to help customers schedule service as quickly as possible. Individual riders and bike shops will both find this feature an improvement over previous versions.
- Are you in the Minneapolis area? Well then get yourself over to the grand opening of Chrome’s new hub at 115 Washington Avenue N. in Minneapolis for some Beer, Music, Tacos & Racing. The party is from 8-11 PM this Saturday, Nov. 15th. They’ll have free tacos for the first 100 people, a sidehack BMX race and face-melting music from The Wolf Council. Oh, and beer.
- Mr. B’s Joybox Express Mississippi River Road Ride comes to a finale in New Orleans, LA! The epic 2,000 mile journey of Mr. B’s Joybox Express will culminate today, November 14, 2014 in New Orleans, LA. For more information visit www.JoyboxExpress.com
- Slipstream and Cannondale announced that the organizations would join forces in 2015, creating a new, powerhouse team built for the future. The new team will be known as Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling – and as revealed today – features an impressive, young roster comprised of 27 athletes from 14 different countries.
- Many of us are reminded of our fallen fellow riders when we pass by the Ghost Bikes at the side of the road. Genea Barnes, an artist and cyclist from San Francisco has traveled to more than 50 cities seeking out and photographing Ghost Bikes. She’s now at the point where she’s ready to document her stories and photographs and is looking for support. For a link to her kickstarter campaign click HERE, and check some images below…
Sign up to receive BikeRumor content direct to your inbox.