- WTB partners with Semper Fi Fund to create a recovery mountain bike camp – After months of collaboration and planning, WTB and the Semper Fi Fund partnered to give an unforgettable mountain biking experience to 16 US Military service members who have used their love for mountain biking to help their mental and physical recovery from a life of service. Led by WTB/Cannondale OverMountain Team athletes Mark Weir and Jason Moeschler they put together 2 days of rain and 1 day of sun for a weekend of perfect dirt, and seemingly endless shuttle laps. WTB.comCheck out more hits from the week after the break…
Where & How to Ride
- Get the full Campagnolo Experience – Ride in cycling’s homeland with Campagnolo & Thomson Bike Tours at the Granfondo Campagnolo Roma. Ride a beautiful route from the Italian capital to the capital of cycling – Campy’s HQ in Vicenza. Then top the ride off with a pilgrimage visit to Campagnolo’s factory. And along the way you’ll sample some of the best cuisine the world has to offer. For more info on why#thoseintheknow choose Campagnolo head to: ThomsonBikeTours.com.
- Race a virtual Mt. Washington hillclimb in June – Starting next week anyone, anywhere can compete in America’s most challenging hillclimb with a little help from training simulator Bkool. They’ve joined up with the Tin Mountain Conservation Center in New Hampshire to create a virtual Mt. Washington competition for the entire month of June. It follows the classic hillclimb course via Bkool’s gaming-style simulation and paired trainer resistance control tech. Compete for prizes and bragging rights, or even get in shape for the real event in August. Everyone who enters gets a coupon for three-months of Bkool premium for just 99. Winners will even get entry into either the 2016 or 2017 race itself. Enter at Bikereg.com with all funds benefitting the Tin Mountain Conservation Center.
- Women check out Bikepacking with Colorado clinics – Empower Adventure is hosting skills clinics through the middle of June in Fort Collins & Boulder, CO to introduce women to the fun of bikepacking. The multi-part clinics focus on different elements of packing and traveling by bike. Check them out at: EmpowerAdventure.com.
- Bicycle Adventures goes abroad with new international mountain bike tours – The Seattle-based bike tour operator is branching out on the trails to explore some of the top mountain biking destinations in the world: Chile, Peru, Slovenia, Canada and New Zealand. Known for their road biking vacations, now they’ll be hitting the singletrack starting in July with IMBA-certified guides. The six mountain biking trips include: an 8 day Yukon mountain bike tour, a 7 day British Colombia: The Birth of Freeride tour, a 9 day Mountain Bike Slovenia tour, an 11 day Mountain Bike Chile tour, a 9 day Mountain Bike Peru tour, and the 10 day New Zealand Gravity tour. Detailed itineraries at: BicycleAdventures.com.
In the News
- America! The Cyclist Is Not Your Enemy – The Wall Street Journal recently published a plea from the bike to “end the ridiculous battle between cyclists, pedestrians and drivers”. The way they look at, it is one of the most ludicrous feuds between bike riders and bike haters. Comparing rage against cyclists to hating soft and cuddly koalas, author Jason Gay makes a case to put the fight behind us and move forward. Read it at: WSJ.com.
Memorial Day Deals
- Wahoo is dropping prices for the holiday weekend – Until midnight on Monday Wahoo has marked down prices up to 40% off of all kinds of training hardware. That includes 25% off of their basic Elemnt computer and ANT+ heartrate monitor, plus other entry level gear to get your training started. No codes needed, just check out their site for the markdowns. WahooFitness.com.