- How we Liv & the chance to join the Liv Trail Squad with a new bike – #HowWeLiv is a new campaign from the bike maker inviting women to become part of the growing global cycling community by sharing experiences from their own lives on the bike. It represents an everyday mantra for a lifestyle where bikes bring people closer to one another, nature, and themselves. Liv Cycling will not only be sharing stories from its athletes, ambassadors and community members, but will also be providing contest opportunities like the Trail Squad (running from Apr 3 – Jun 7) where riders can get a chance to join the Liv squad to train and race on some killer new gear at an Epic multi-day trail stage race later in the year. Liv-Cycling.com
Check out other industry tidbits of the week after the break…
- Win a Cannondale Slate featuring Next’s new Road Plus Wheels – Next Wheels have partnered up with the promoter of The Irreverent Road Ride – Short Handled Shovel Productions – to raffle off a Cannondale Slate equipped with their new 28G 650b Road Plus wheelset. This is the only available carbon wheel upgrade available for the Slate and drops a significant amount of weight, as well as upgrading the hubs to their newest Project 321 G2 magnetic drive option. The raffle means you have to buy a $40 ticket to enter, but all proceeds go to The Little Bellas mountain bike mentoring program, so for sure a good cause and it’s limited to a max of just 250 raffle tickets. There are a few still left, but act fast at: BikeReg.com/SlateRaffle.
Gear & deal news
- TailGater Tire Table goes to Kickstarter – Last fall we saw the compact table from sister company Bar Mitts that hangs on the side of your tire to offer a solid, stable trail side or camp side place to drop your gear no matter the weather or terrain. In order to boost it into production though they’ve taken the TailGater table to a crowdfunding campaign where you can get in on deals up to 50% off retail if you back it now. TailGaterTireTable.com
- Trekfest is here with deals on bikes, gear & apparel – Treks big annual sale is running now so buy a Trek and get a bunch of free Bontrager gear or just fins an assortment of good deals. Stock up for spring adventures at TrekBikes.com or at your local retailer during Trekfest, and earn up to $200 of in-store credit for use on Bontrager gear. Get $50 of in-store credit for Trek bike purchases over $400, $100 credit for bike buys over $1000, and $200 credit for bikes over $2000.
Race spectating & history
- Paris-Roubaix is this Sunday. Watch live & on-demand in the US with Cycling Pass – Sunday’s Paris-Roubaix will feature 55km of rough cobbled goodness and plenty of excitement along the 257km route to the velodrome. If you don’t want to miss the Hell of the North you can catch it live and commercial-free with NBC Sports Gold. Their Cycling Pass costs just $20 a year and will let you stream upcoming races like La Flèche Wallonne, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, the Amgen Tour of California, and more. (Although to be fair, it is a bit sneaky and runs from July through the end of June each year, so buy it in a couple of months to watch Le Tour and you’ll get next year’s Roubaix too.) NBCsports.com
- Phil Keogen, host of CBS’s The Amazing Race is traveling the states with Le Ride – The feature documentary is about the first English-speaking team to ride in the toughest sporting event on earth, The Tour de France. In 1928 a small under-resourced, untested team from New Zealand and Australia lined up in Paris next to Europe’s best riders. One hundred and sixty riders started and only 41 finished that year. Le Ride recently screened at SXSW and is now touring the country. Take a look where it will be near you at: PhilKeoghanLeRide.com
- Indoor cycling classes from home with the Bkool Simulator – Check out the latest potential of Bkool’s Cycling Simulator. Its latest version adds fitness training for the first time. Bkool users can now enjoy real indoor video-based cycling classes from the comfort of home. The classes recreate a gym session with an instructor to provide an incredibly realistic experience with classes in several languages led by leading international fitness professionals and featuring a wide variety of music chosen by the instructors themselves to go with each workout. Bkool.com