Le Tour enters Week 2. Answer the call of the Pyrenees with a Rapha preview – You’ve all seen that Le Tour de France made its sneaky late summer return last week, right? Now after a strange but tough first week, the granddaddy Grand Tour is about to roll into its second week as the Pyrenees mountains loom. Rapha is putting together weekly race guides to get you psyched and up to speed, so have a look and get ready to yell at cyclists on TV or whatever livestream or replay you are following along with… over at: Rapha.cc/stories
If you need to catch up on Week 1 of the Tour, last week’s Rapha weekly guide is still a decent refresher before you dig into where everybody stands.
And don’t forget that this Sunday is the Women’s 100! All you women should get out and smash out 100km, whether socially distanced, in your own private bubbles, or however you can safely rack up the kilometers.
Advocacy & Industry News
- PeopleForBikes conducting racial justice survey – Cycling industry journal Bicycle Retailer alerted us that PeopleForBikes in running a survey now to find out more about the current conditions and perceptions on the topic of racism and lack of inclusivity in the bike industry as a whole. With a goal of listening, learning and taking action, PeopleForBikes wants to first learn more, so they can take steps to build “better riding for everyone”. Submit your thoughts & experiences via the: SurveyGizmo.com
Gear, Contests & Recalls
- Win a Litespeed, Quintana Roo, or Obed bike! – American Bicycle Group is running a killer 2020 giveaway contest from now until October where you can win a bike from any one of their bike brands. The winner of the random draw will be able to select either a Quintana Roo SRfive aero road bike or PRfive triathlon bike, an Obed Boundary gravel bike, or a Litespeed gravel bike… with a value up to $4425. And all you have to do is sign up for their mailing list. ObedBikes.com
- Maybe still get a set of Fabio Wibmer signature Magura MT5 brakes? – We reported/alluded to Fabio Wibmer’s signature edition gold Magura MT5 brakes back at the start of August, and Magura news suggests that you might still be able to get a set of the limited edition stoppers. Officially they are no longer in stock for the September delivery, but the Magura USA online shop says you can back order them still for $350, letting you add them to your cart in the e-shop. MaguraUSA-shop.com
- Get a PNW Cycled refurbished droppers for even less! – In a wild half year, where the global pandemic has led to cycling industry shortages, the PNW Cycled refurbished program might make it easier to get ahold of a new-to-you dropper. And now with prices at all-time lows of 40% off retail, it will save you a bunch of cash too. Check out internally & externally routed posts, and even 27.2mm droppers from just $77-120 and you might find a perfectly functional, 1 year warrantied bargain. Cycled.PNWcomponents.com
- Salsa voluntarily recalls some carbon Cutthroat forks – Salsa has issued a safety notice recall on a number of full carbon Carbon Deluxe V2/Carbon V2 forks that came on some of their Cutthroat bikes last fall. Said to be limited to Cutthroats delivered to dealers in Sep 2019, the impacted forks all bear a serial number on the carbon steerer tube containing the letter string “CCAP” or “CCCP” around the QR code sticker. If you think you might have an affected fork/bike, reach out to your local Salsa dealer to get it looked at and replaced. SalsaCycles.com