Check out Red Bull UCI Pump Track World’s this weekend in Switzerland – Yes, you read that right. The UCI has a World Championship in riding pump tracks. And the final comes to a head tomorrow Oct 19 in Bern, Switzerland. It’s the second year of the official event, and unsurprisingly Red Bull is the one bringing it.
Where to ride
- Ride Tuscany this weekend with the Fucecchio Bike & Ride – It’s pretty last minute, but this just popped into the inbox, so check out 2 days of cycling, music, red wine & good food along the ancient roads and pathways of Tuscany from the Via Francigena to the Via Romea Strata.If you don’t make it this year, you can always put a reminder in the calendar for the next go around. And I like the sound of that URL… SlowTravelFest.it/Fucecchio
- Go inside the Tuscany Trail with Bombtrack – Ten of Bombtrack’s development, sales & sponsored rider team all packed up and converged from across Europe on the start of the Tuscany Trail. Then used the event to see familiar faces, meet new ones, hear & share stories, and basically team build to a new degree. Fun was apparently had by all, and now you get to take a look inside their trip as well. Bombtrack.com & TuscanyTrail.it
- 2019 Tour de Cure’s $1.5M impact to fight Diabetes. Register now for 2020 – The organizers of the 15th annual fundraiser ride just released stats showing $1.19 million dollars raised directly by the 2200 cyclists that took part this year, plus another $382k of economic support in the Orlando region from the event. Riders came from nineteen states to ride for a cure in Central Florida. And now, registration has opened for the 16th Tour de Cure which takes place Mar 29, 2020. More Info at: Diabetes.org
Gear & Tech updates
- Restrap debuts small Canister handlebar bag – We already saw it at Eurobike and gave you the lowdown on how it came to be. But now the 1.5L minimalist Canister Bag is official, available from Restrap in classic black for £45/52€. Elastic mesh side pockets hold your little bits, and stuff a spare jacket & snacks in the main roll, with foam blocks spacing it away from the bar to make room for cables and your fingers on the tops. Restrap.co.uk
- Hammerhead Karoo adds Di2 and Varia rearview radar support – The big Karoo bike GPS now supports Shimano Di2 electronic shifting integration and communication with Garmin’s Varia rearview radar. View real-time gears selection & battery level, plus get Karoo control via Di2 hood buttons. For Varia now Karoo get visual notifications of approaching cars on their device. All that via firmware update. Hammerhead.io