Apparently, while we were all sleeping, Southern California’s Intense Cycles released a new addition to their 951 Series line of bikes: the 951 Series gravel bike. Like the 951 Series trail and XC full suspension bikes, the new 951 Series gravel bike is also available for delivery through Costco.com.
Their new gravel bike offering is said to be built for a confident and stable ride by using a relaxed geometry paired with a longer wheelbase. This combo will allow more stability at higher speeds and on steeper terrain.
Focusing on durability, reliability, and performance, Intense has spec’d the Shimano GRX group for the 951 Series Gravel bike, and the WTB Venture 700x40mm tires are tubeless-ready giving you the reliability and confidence needed to ride on any surface with control.
Intense says, “Focused on you… the 951 Gravel has the ability to be tailored to a rider’s specific needs and preferences. Adjustable components like the saddle and handlebar height will help to achieve a comfortable and efficient riding position, while color and aesthetics will inspire confidence and pride in ownership“.
The 951 Series Gravel bike has a carbon fiber frame and fork. The bike also comes with two water bottle cages to keep you hydrated and a set of 3 pack mounts on the fork legs for added racks, bags, or any other attachments that will fit. The 951 Series Gravel also sports some mounts for fenders, in case that’s your jam.
951 Series Gravel Bike Spec List
- Frame: Intense 951 gravel 700c carbon
- Fork: Carbon fiber All Road/Gravel specific geometry
- Headset: Intense Recon
- Stem: Intense Recon gravel 31.8 +/- 6 degrees (SM: 70mm, MD-LG: 90mm, XL: 100mm)
- Handlebars: Intense Recon Gravel 31.8, 12-degree flair, (SM: 400mm, MD-L: 420mm, XL: 440mm)
- Bartape: Intense anti-slip
- Brakes: Shimano GRX BR-RX400
- Rotors: Shimano Deore SM-RT64 160mm
- Cranks: Shimano GRX FC-RX600 11-speed 30-46t (SM: 170mm, MD: 172.5mm, LG-XL: 175mm)
- Cassette: Shimano 105 CS-HG70011 11-speed 11-34t
- Chain: KMC X11 EPT 11-speed
- Shifters: Shimano GRX ST-RX600 11-speed
- Front/Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX FD-RX810 11-speed front, Shimano GRX RD-RX810 11-speed rear
- Rims: WTB ST i23 TCS 2.0 700c
- Tires: WTB Venture 700×40, Dual DNA Compound, Tubeless-Ready
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
- Hubs: Intense Gravel Alloy
- Seatpost: Intense Recon Gravel 15mm offset (27.2x350mm)
- Saddle: Fizik Terra Alpaca X5
- Bottom bracket: Shimano BB-RS500 press fit
951 Series Gravel Bike Geometry
|CHAINSTAY LENGTH||435mm |
|HEADTUBE LENGTH||135mm |
|HEADTUBE ANGLE||70.3 °||70.5 °||72 °||72.5 °|
|BB HEIGHT||291mm |
|BB DROP||70mm |
|SEATTUBE ANGLE||73.5 °||73.5 °||73.5 °||75 °|
|STANDOVER HEIGHT||792mm |
|SEATTUBE MAXIMUM INSERTION||220mm |
|LOWER HEADSET STACK HEIGHT||1mm |
|FORK AXLE TO CROWN||400mm |
|FORK OFFSET||50mm |
|FORK TRAIL||76mm |
|FRONT CENTER||612mm |
|BB HEIGHT BASED ON TIRE OD||722mm |
951 Series Gravel Sizing Guide
Retail: $2499 (includes shipping and handling)
As Zach mentioned in an article about the other 951 Series bikes available through Costco.com a few years ago, “Costco Executive members will likely get 2% back on the purchase, and if you purchase it with your Costco Visa, you’ll get an additional 2% cash back, bringing the total purchase price down”.