The eBike company Jetson Bikes shares the name of the futuristic family, The Jetsons. But, disappointingly, that’s where the similarities stop. I mean, their bikes don’t fly, make that cool “Jetson’s” sound…they don’t even hover.
So what’s the deal, you ask? Why even bring them up?
Well, first… you can get their Haze model eBike at Costco for only $549. Secondly… wait, when I was a kid, the year 2023 seemed like “the future”. It seemed so far away. Supposedly, by this time we were to have so many futuristically fun things like video phones (ok, check that one off the list), “slidewalks”, floating houses, robotic maids/butlers, and flying cars… where are our flying cars?!
Nope, we get eBikes. I guess that’s cool…
The Jetson Haze
Let’s get serious-ish for a minute.
Lately, we’ve been keeping an eye on bicycles that are available through the membership retail giant, Costco, like the Diamondback and both the Intense mountain bike, and gravel bike we wrote about. Well, as the headline to this story states… this Jetson Haze foldable eBike is available for only $549. For realsies.
This seems like a pretty sweet deal, as the Jetson Haze retails for $899 on the Jetson website.
Jetson says on its website “You’ll get two essential things from your Haze”…
- First: “A sophisticated but solid ride. Speed — and delivery of it — is what you want it to be: Up to 15.5 mph using the throttle, cruise control, or motor-backed, pedal assist. Choose from 3 different levels of pedaling assistance depending on how much muscle power you want to put into your ride“.
- Second: “a collection of add-ons and enhancements that makes e-bike ownership easy, including a built-in rear bike lock, companion tire pump (included), and a removable battery. Pop it out and bring it inside to charge wherever your wheels — and your whims — take you
Wheels and Whims
- 16″ tires
- 350w motor
- Removable battery
- 3 pedal assist modes & twist throttle
- Double-folding compact frame
- Max weight capacity: 265lbs
- Bike weight: 48lbs
- Comes in black
The Jetson says that the Haze has a max speed of 15.5 mph and a range of 20 miles (pedal assist) and 15 miles (throttle). You can add some accessories through the Jetson website like an extra battery, rear basket, or front basket.