OHM Cycles announced today its next generation of hybrid electric-assist bicycles for 2009. Four power packs are now available, each designed to offer optimum Power and Range for every riding application. The OHM Urban and Sport hybrid bicycles are a comprehensive solution for eco-friendly mobility, said OHM Cycles President Michael DeVisser.
Combining BionX drive technology with Molicel™ Rechargeable Li-ion cell battery pack, the OHM hybrid e-bikes are the first electric bicycles purpose-built for the North American market.
“OHM Cycles has a commitment to developing safe, unique products that are redefining cycling for commuters and recreational cyclists”, DeVisser explained. “OHM Cycles deliver an extended riding range thanks to its integrated OHM Power pack and BionX Power Hub. We feel that OHM bikes are a superior example of the evolution of cycling and power-assist technology.”
OHM Cycles can be ridden as a conventional bicycle or with pedal assist from the intelligent drive system. A center-mounted power pack provides better balance and weight distribution and maintains a standard wheelbase. Using lightweight components and a customized power system, OHM will send you racing up hills and around the city, with ease.
For 2009, special improvements have been made to the OHM bicycles for easier operation and more comfortable riding:
- 4 Power packs available, 25 to 70 miles per charge with custom OHM Quick Connect system to easily remove and recharge
- Fast Recharge, 90% capacity in 20 minutes, fully charge in 3 hours, charge over 500 times without loss of capacity
- Intelligent Sensor – Patented BionX torque sensor automatically responds to the way the rider pedals and provides a smooth natural sensation
- Suntour Suspension seat post for a more comfortable ride
- Adjustable stem and handlebars to customize riding position
- Topeak rear carry rack with QuickTrack MTX
“We wanted to make the most versatile hybrid e-bike on the market”, DeVisser said, “and we’re confident we have achieved that goal. As the leader in electric cycling, OHM Cycles has created bicycles that match technical innovation with environmental concerns.