Bozeman, Montana is home to frame builder Adam Sklar. But, a few weeks ago he was in Portland, Oregon for the MADE Show, and I finally got to meet him in person. We chatted about the Super Something and he was excited about it being ready to start shipping this month.
I’m sure you remember my review of the Limited Edition Radavist Sklar Super Something gravel bike. I really thought the Super Something really was, well…super special. Seriously, I will own one of these frames one day.
The Super Something is Sklar’s all-road/gravel frameset and it marks the brand’s first production model. Combining the 10 years of experience in custom frame building, it’s said to be the epitome of Adam’s design philosophy – balancing unbeatable function with distinctive form.
While Sklar has always been known for high-end custom framesets, with this Super Something production run, the aim is to bring Adam’s unique blend of that high-end bike design and craftsmanship to a larger, wider audience.
“We are so excited to have these framesets available again,” says Adam Sklar. “The feedback from SuperSomething riders has been overwhelmingly positive and we can’t wait to get more fun bikes out to more people“.
Sklar’s Super Something
This bike is ready for anything. Its versatile platform allows it to be set up how you want, run the Super Something with drop bars, flat bars, alt-bars… geared, or single speed. It can grow and change as your riding style ebbs and flows.
The frame is made with what Sklar says is the finest double-butted, heat-treated chromoly steel. It was designed around a 700x42c gravel tire with a 70mm stem and drop bars.
Adam says that the Super Something “falls around 40% along the spectrum from a fat tire road bike to a mountain bike”. That basically means that the Super Something will take on many different build options. The frameset boasts a tire clearance of 700x55c (27.5×2.1) with rear spacing at 142x12mm and 100x12mm for the front.
Super Something is manufactured in Taiwan and comes in sizes 48cm to 60cm. It comes in two finishes, Ocean Blue and Honey Dijon. Pre-ordered bikes are now shipping, and limited inventory remains for new purchases through the Sklar website.
Sklar Super Something Frame Specs and Retail
Super Something retail: $1599 (all frames ship with seatpost clamp and thru-axels)
- Frame & fork material: double-butted, heat-treated chromoly Steel
- 142x12mm rear, 100x12mm font spacing
- 27.2mm seatpost
- 160mm post mount or flat mount rear, ISO front brake mount on steel fork.
- The frame is also compatible with tapered carbon forks (not included)
- Clearance for 700x55c or 27.5x 2.1” tires
- 3 bottle cages, one under the downtube
- 68mm BSA bottom bracket shell
- Compatible with EC34mm/44mm headset, 1-1/8” steerer steel fork
- Clearance for up to a 44T single chainring
- External cable routing
- Rocker dropouts for adjustable chainstay length or single-speed
- If you want to run flat-mount brakes just get the flat-mount rocker from Paragon Machine Works and run the Enve adventure fork
Sklar Super Something Geo