Having had the chance to check out a prototype 4iiii Innovations’ Sportiiiis heads-up display at Interbike last fall, I’m actually going to call this a pretty cool idea. An ANT+ enabled receiver that mounts to sunglass arms, the Sportiiiis’ most unique feature is a boom that places an array of 7 green, yellow, and red LEDs in the rider’s secondary vision (see view shot below the break) and audible alerts close to the ear. Once the Sportiiiis unit is programmed with a workout’s desired heart rate, speed, power, cadence, or pace zones, feedback is provided unobtrusively, allowing the rider to keep their eyes on the road or trail. Sportiiiis are available now from 4iiii for $200. Click through for the full release and to see the Sportiiiis in action…
Las Vegas – 4iiii Innovations announces the release of Sportiiiis (pronounced Sport-Eyes), a heads up display and audio feedback system that attaches to sport eyewear and provides athletes with real-time visual feedback of critical performance data. This visual revolution in training and racing technology enables the athlete to maximize the benefits of their workout by maintaining their performance and form while keeping their eyes on the road. Sportiiiis, a compact unit that attaches to virtually any pair of glasses, is designed to work with ANT+ technology to guide users to pre-programmed zones for heart rate, speed, power, cadence, pace and more. This key visual feedback helps athletes reach their goals, shorten their race time and ultimately go faster. Sportiiis, allowing athletes to see what matters, is available now starting at $199 MSRP at www.4iiii.com .
The small and flexible boom features 7 multi-colored LEDs and is positioned in the athlete’s secondary vision, allowing them to focus on their workout while getting critical feedback. In addition, Sportiiiis also provides audible feedback on current performance via TipTap™ technology; just tap the unit once for instant audible feedback and twice to switch between paired sensors.
Intuitive Mac, PC and smartphone software allows athletes to easily program the Sportiiiis LEDs to visually respond to data from ANT+ devices. The unit can be paired with up to 8 ANT+ devices including heart rate, speed, power, pace and cadence sensors.
“Sportiiiis provides a solution for athletes that allow them to monitor their performance data while maintaining their target zone and form, maximizing their results and increasing safety,” said Ian Andes, President of 4iiii Innovations.
- Multi-colored LED boom provides instant visual feedback of critical workout and racing data including heart rate, cadence, power, speed, pace and other ANT+ compatible data
- Lightweight unit (10g) with adjustable boom easily attaches to virtually any pair of glasses
- LED boom is positioned in your secondary vision, guiding you to your target zone while eliminating the need to take your eyes off the road
- Powerful software enables you to create personalized zone profiles
- Built-in speaker for instant audible feedback
- TipTapTM technology enables control of unit functions by simply tapping on the unit – tap once for audio feedback and twice to change between paired sensors other leading software to upload and analyze workout and race data
To learn more about Sportiiiis, visit www.4iiii.com