The legendary Steve Potts is at it again. Putting more than 40 years of experience in designing and manufacturing custom bicycle components, Potts is partnering with some friends to create a new series of parts. Probably best known for his custom titanium creations, these components will be a line of production parts that feature Potts’ engineering and design, but available off the shelf.
Steve Potts Type II-R Forks
Starting with the Type II-R rigid forks, this is a product that was born out of consumer demand. “I really thought demand for my rigid fork would have disappeared when suspension came on the scene, but customers kept on asking for it.” The result is this new fork which is based on the Charlie Cunningham design and will be made by Tange.
The steel forks will be offered with a standard 1 1/8″ steerer, and will be available in both a Gravel/Road model and an MTB fork. The Gravel/Road fork will use a 401mm axle to crown measurement, a 47mm offset, 100x12mm axle, and will have 700c x 50mm tire clearance.
The Mountain Type II-R fork will clear up to 27.5 x 3″ or 29 x 2.25″ tires on the same fork, with an axle to crown of 419mm, a 47mm offset, and a 100x12mm thru axle. Both forks will sell for $500 each.
Steve Potts / Suzue Hubs
At the hub, Potts is partnering with Suzue on these classy spinners, which are available in a few different configurations. The Front hubs will fit standard 100x9mm QR, 100×15 and 100x12mm thru axles while the rear will fit 142×12 TA and 135×9 QR spacing. Offered in six bolt only, Potts tells us they will be offered in 32h for now, with more options on the way. Rear hubs will be offered with Campy, XDR, and Shimano freehub bodies, and in black or silver hub shells.
For now, Steve only sent over the fork and the hub photos, but we’re told that more components are in the works for 2021 and 2022.“Handlebars by Nitto are already in production. I am also looking into saddles, tires and wheelsets moving forward, but it has been slow going, since the factories that I want to work with are so overbooked.” Steve goes on to say that this will include new tire designs made by Panaracer. “I am excited to offer this new line of high quality products and to be working with the very best in the industry.” Forks and Hubs are already available from Merry Sales , BTI, and Steve Potts Bicycles.
Pricing & Options
- Steve Potts Fork Type II-R Gravel Fork 650b/700c MSRP $500.00
- Steve Potts Fork Type II-R MTB Silver/Black MSRP $500.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Campy Cassette Body MSRP $140.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina XDR Cassette Body MSRP $140.00
- Steve Potts / Alpina Front M12 End Caps (Black) MSRP $30.00
- Steve Potts / Alpina Front M12 End Caps (Silver) MSRP $30.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Front 9mm QR End Caps (Black) MSRP $30.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Front 9mm QR End Caps (Silver) MSRP $30.00
- Suzue Steve Potts / Rear 10mm QR 135 O.L.D. End Caps( silver or black ) MSRP $30.00
- Steve Potts / Alpina Shimano Cassette Body MSRP $140.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Front Disc Hub (Black, 32 hole) MSRP $180.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Front Disc Hub (Silver, 32 hole) MSRP $180.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Rear Disc Hub (Black, 32 hole) MSRP $300.00
- Steve Potts / Suzue Alpina Rear Disc Hub (Silver, 32 hole) MSRP $300.00