Wahoo’s ELEMNT GPS cycling computer continues its rapid update process, this time improving it’s mapping screens and options. In March, they added blood oxygen sensor compatibility and electronic drivetrain gearing displays, and now they’ve added these updates:
- Fit on the Fly – Faster, more reliable ride data transfer and syncing to the app/cloud
- Map Management – Adds complete world maps to the ELEMNT’s built-in memory
- Map Rotation – Allows you to orient the map according to the direction you’re riding as well as the current North-facing setting, using the smartphone companion app to toggle between views
- Map Style Improvements – Trails and small local roads remain visible on the screen for an additional two zoom levels
- Improved Tracking – More data points to improve the accuracy of ‘bread-crumb’ navigation
The updates are available now by connecting the ELEMNT to your wifi network and running through the setup menu to System Info and checking the box to get the latest update.