Is one of the world’s most valuable bicycles in your garage? – OK, so that Damien Hirst Butterfly Madone that sold for $500,000 back in 2009 isn’t likely to be collecting dust in any of our readers’ sheds. But many of us probably have an old bike or two we could part with. Flipsy (who runs a used phones for cash website) interviewed some industry types to help folks figure out ‘if that used bike sitting in the corner unridden is worth something‘, how to figure out how much, and where to sell them? While there is some clunky writing on Flipsy’s part, the overall message is quite a good look at valuing a used modern bike…
And, if you have a bike that’s a bit more classic, even classical… they have some thoughts on that too in a ‘how much is that vintage bike sitting in the corner unridden worth‘ article. Time to cash in on your clutter.
Advocacy & Industry News
- Listen to the Athletes Unfiltered, with new Strava podcast – Strava kicked off their new podcast with the dramatic story of trail runner Hillary Allen waking up in a hospital bed being told she would never run again, after having been one of the world’s best off-road runners racing high in the mountains. Athletes Unfiltered is the new insider look at inspiring stories from their own community, told by the runners and cyclists who lived them. blog.Strava.com
- Fizik Magazine shares their behind the scenes with pro racers – Fizik is doing their part to connect us to their pros as well, expanding on their popular 7 Questions series. From road to triathlon to cyclocross to XC, enduro & downhill, Fizik supplies a broad range of riders with saddles, shoes & more. So now they’ll mine those connections for the inside scope on life as a pro cyclist. Stay up to date with racing news if that’s your deal. Or just get to know some of the top pros both on and off-road at: mag.fizik.com.
Where to Ride
- Register for Colorado Bailey Hundo before the USFS cap is hit – The Bailey Hundo singletrack epic in CO next June raises money for young riders in the state, supporting Trips For Kids Denver/Boulder & the Colorado High School Cycling League, as well as helping advocacy work with the Colorado Mountain Biking Association. To date the Hundo has donated over $470,000.00. Register now (OK, in a couple of hours at noon in CO) to get a spot for the 10th year of the 100 mile mountain bike race in Bailey, CO. Baileyhundo.org
- Sufferfest redesigns app for indoor training – If you are stuck inside riding, you probably know the Sufferfest well…. Well, a new Sufferfest Training System app has just been released for iOS, mac OS & Windows desktop. The updated version promises a new interface, new features & extra content to help keep home-bound cyclists motivated to maximize training. Start a free 7-day trial to see what the update is all about at: TheSufferfest.com.
Gear & Deals
- Buy a Storck online consumer direct, now in the UK – Light & premium carbon bike maker Storck has just extended direct sales to cyclists in the UK, after success with the same platform in Germany last year. Storck will continue to push its sales platform overhauls in the country with the brick & mortar Storck Store & Studio concept offering in person fitting & support alongside the new online platform. Storck-bikes.com
- Be more visible with a Limar LED – Limar may have debuted their all-new lightweight & aero road helmets last summer, but now they have something really important… it’s a tiny snap on LED blinkie tail light. Called the Luce Universal Light, it costs just 10€. It comes standard on their Air Star, Ultralight+, Ultralight Lux, Urbe, Speedking & 007. I’ve got one on an Ultralight and it’s great to always have for rides that unexpectedly return near dusk. It fits on many of their helmet (those with Competition+ fits) by simply clipping over the retention dial. Limar.com