Time have changed when it comes to the trainer. Previously a medieval torture device only for the most devoted cyclists, the trainer has since gotten smart and changed everything. Now cyclists around the world are getting together to go for virtual rides and in some cases, even winning pro contracts in real life. As trainer technology continues to evolve, companies like Rapha are looking to offer clothing that is uniquely fitted to this new indoor world.

While many of us are simply going to ride in just bibs or bibs and a sports bra while training at home, there are times that a full kit may be appropriate. Not only that, but Rapha seems to have come up with an indoor training kit that could be more comfortable for stationary riding.

Designed to be looser fitting than your average jersey, the Indoor Training Sleeveless T-Shirt is still made form a moisture wicking fabric to keep you cool and dry. Obviously sleeveless, the $75 shirt comes in men’s and women’s cuts and a few different colors.

While not technically indoor only, the CORE Cargo short could be an option if you prefer to leave the bibs for longer rides outside. The Cargo short pockets should work to stash things like your phone, snacks, or anything else you need mid-ride, and they’re offered in men’s or women’s fits for $130.

Rapha Indoor Training collection will keep you comfortable while going nowhere fast Rapha Indoor Training collection will keep you comfortable while going nowhere fast

One of the more interesting pieces is the Indoor Training Cap which claims to be their lightest ever, for good reason. The spacer mesh back should keep things cool, wile the absorbent front and internal sweat band should help keep sweat from your eyes. These will run $40 each.

Finally, no trainer set up is complete without at least one towel to catch sweat drops and mop up when you’re done. The $15 Rapha Training Towel has loops to keep it in place over the hoots, and the towel is said to be soft and highly absorbent for obvious reasons.

Available now.

rapha.cc

23 comments

1. MikeTeeVee on

I feel like this is quickly going to get a lot of shitty comments, that said, I am totally into this.
    Living in Chicago, hitting my trainer in the morning is so much easier than kitting up and riding out to where you can safely train. I am totally into the cap!

• dG on

haters will hate, no matter what. i do *not* like rapha, but i think they’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing, which is to take advantage of a quickly-growing niche. i respect them for their good ideas and money-making schemes, but it doesn’t mean i have to like them.

2. B on

Nice stuff but I can’t justify the cost myself. I wear my oldest bibs, inexpensive sport shirts from Target and an old school head sweatband. Old hand towels for wiping up any puddles.

• Velo Kitty on

Yes, the trainer is where old bibs should go to die. I save my worn-out old bibs even though I don’t have a trainer yet, because I know someday I may get one.

3. Jeff on

How will everyone know you are wearing Rapha if you are in doors not being seen? Isn’t that the whole point of paying the premium for the privilege to wear Rapha? They need to make a Zwift icon or something so everyone knows that you are cool enough to wear Rapha. Otherwise it will all be for not.

4. Loren on

Hard for me to justify spending $75 on a shirt to be worn when I am riding by myself in the spare bedroom, or even $15 for workout towel,.

• El Pataron on

There’s a reason for all the nasty comments.

…sometimes I think Rapha’s asking for it.Pink silky overpriced nonsense.

Oh, and also, your friends won’t be impressed if you train with a shirt on. Good grief. You’ll destroy your overpriced pink silky nonsense in a week.

5. threeringcircus on

$75 for a sleeveless t-shirt? There is not a shirt made, technical or not, that will “keep you cool and dry” on an indoor trainer, so might as well use the raggedy one from the bottom of your drawer if you have to wear one at all.

6. Joe on

“$75 for a sleeveless t-shirt?”

You know this response is as much a part of the brand plan as making pink cool? : ) It has to be a premium price.

7. Michael on

Rapha is completely going in the wrong direction. Basically a 100$ fee to be in the fake riders club now so more people can buy more exclusive clothes that are poorly made. Now trainer collection which should I be bibs and a workout shirt lol.

This is no longer a company for serious cyclists which is just depressing. It is really just for posers at this point.

• KB on

Your main point is the shared with many others, but the “poorly made” comment is way off base. Haters gonna hate, but it is the best quality cycling kit bar-none.

COMMENT HERE: (For best results, log in through Wordpress or your social media account. Anonymous/fake email comments may be unapproved or deleted. ALL first-time commenter's posts are held for moderation. Check our Comment Policy for full details.)