It’s New Year’s Eve already? Seems like that’s the thought every year right around this time – which probably means that you’ve had a year stuffed with great rides and adventures by bike. Hopefully 2020 holds even more exciting tech, rides, and fun, but before we shove off for another year, let’s take a look back at the 19 most popular posts of the year…
- For years now, this post has been at or near the top. Why? Because there has been a lot of progress made in terms of making sure your rims are wide enough to get the most performance out of your tires.
2. Light is still king. It helps that the new Bontrager XXX Road Shoes look great as well.
3. We have a feeling that next year we’ll see a lot more riders on Shimano XTR, XT, and SLX, but for now, SRAM is still killing it with their Eagle drivetrains.
4. XC is dead. Is XC dead? Not by the interest generated by the new Trek XC MTB race prototype (which turned out to be the new Supercaliber).
5. More Bontrager XXX light weight goodness. This time in MTB form.
6. Also more XC race bikes – this time in Scott form.
7. Vans are still a super popular topic since they let you pack up your bikes, your friends or family, and get outta Dodge (because now Dodge is the Ram Promaster). Since most of these vans start as cargo vans with only two front seats, this is a popular question.
8. Gravel. There has certainly been no shortage of gravel related topics this year, and for good reason. The discipline is blowing up. This post aims to simplify things a bit.
9. Light weight road bikes are still popular too – like the new Scott Addict RC.
10. Looking for a “regular mountain bike?” The Canyon Neuron AL Trail seems to be a popular topic.
11. More gravel, this time in the form of a new component group from Shimano. GRX turns out to be really good, and plays nice with existing 10 & 11 speed drivetrains.
12. Sometimes things get upside down and we end up writing about hit TV shows. It helps when there is a cool bike associated with that show like this retro inspired Mongoose BMX bike from Stranger Things Season 3.
13. Sagan riding an aluminum bike? In a big race? Yup. It happened.
14. The world’s lightest 29ers? We’re not sure if that title still holds up, but this pair of super light beauties are still as popular as ever.
15. What’s better than 1×12 Eagle? How about a whole group you can buy for close to the price of one of the high end Eagle cassettes? That’s the appeal to SRAM’s SX Eagle – and it uses an HG freehub body instead of XD.
16. We’ve all been there. Your dropper stops working and you’re not sure why. This post may help.
17. Even more Bontrager XXX, this time from the Kovee wide XC wheelset.
18. Specialized posts are always big hits, and this Epic weigh in from 2018 is still very popular.
19. Finally, the 19th most popular post in 2019 is the completely redesigned Cannondale SuperSix EVO road bike.
Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you all in 2020!