Flash back to 1986 and BMX reigned supreme in the collective consciousness of kids everywhere thanks to RAD, the movie that made bicycle motocross a widespread sensation. Whether you wanted to trick and freestyle in the streets, hit the ramps and parks, or rip through trails, the flick inspired a lot of kids to get into the sport.
Fast forward nearly 35 years and Vinegar Syndrome has remastered it from the original 35mm negatives to create a 4K Ultra High Definition Blu-ray release. The only problem? They’re already sold out, and they’re not making anymore. But…
As one would expect, they’re already on eBay, with “or best offer” prices around $145 and bids currently floating around $86 and up (as of this post going live). So, you can still get one, but it’ll cost ya. In the meantime, enjoy the trailer to relive just a bit of the glory.
Vinegar Syndrome RAD 4k Blu-Ray specs
• 4k Ultra HD (Region Free) / Blu-ray (Region A) Combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
• Limited Edition 3D Lenticular (front) and Holographic (back) Slipcover
• Brand new commentary track with lead actor Bill Allen
• Brand new commentary track with actress Talia Shire and Robert Schwartzman
• Archival commentary track with: Bill Allen, actor Bart Conner, writer Sam Bernard and various BMX stunt riders
• “The Stuntman Directs” – an interview with director Hal Needham
• “Writing something Rad” – an interview with Sam Bernard
• “Rad 25” – footage from the 25th anniversary event
• Multiple archival video interviews with cast and crew
• “Break the Ice” music video
• Original theatrical trailer
• Extensive behind-the-scenes stills and promo material
• Reversible cover artwork
• SDH English subtitles
Check out the official release site for more details.