Ride & Seek for 36 days in new Bike Across Europe Tour – Adventure travel company Ride & Seek Adventures is expanding their long-distance trip offerings with a wild new, more than month-long tour from the French to Estonian capitals.
Inspired by the already epic Hannibal Expedition cycling tour from Barcelona to Rome, the new 36-day, 3693km “Bike Across Europe” tour starts in Paris, France and ends more than a month later in Tallinn, Estonia.
This huge trip goes through 8 countries, crossing the route of Napoleon’s Grande Armée across the northern heart of continental Europe. Start with an aperitif on the Champs-Élysées to stoke your appetite for adventure, before traversing the Sudeten mountain highlands bordering Germany, the Czech Republic & Poland, then crossing the plains of Poland, Lithuania & Latvia.
Rolling vineyards, deep forests, medieval villages & historic cities… it’s hard to imagine what you won’t see on a trip this expansive. The inaugural tour is set to kick off July 2 and run through August 6. It’s not cheap at $17,208, but don’t forget how huge this is! There are also 8 & 15 options from $4k for cyclists who just can’t get away for that long.
Find out more and commit to an epic adventure at: RideAndSeek.com
Advocacy & Industry News
- Trek & WBR Raise $1.8M over the holidays – Together Trek Bicycles and World Bicycle Relief share that they’ve rasied a whopping $1,818,918 in their joint holiday fundraising campaign this holiday season. They say that will directly benefit many thousands of lives in developing regions by providing access with 11,000 of WBR’s specially designed Buffalo Bicycle. You can still support their campaign together at: TrekBikes.com and WorldBicycleRelief.org
Where to Ride & Race
- Moots 2022 Ranch Rally returns to Steamboat Springs in June – Ranch Rally registration is now open. This year’s Moots Rally will use the roads right outside the factory doors, the same roads and mountain views that have inspired more than 40 years of killer ti bikes. Pick from 54 or 72 mile routes, both almost 100% gravel and including a few competitive timed segments for a bit of extra friendly fun. They’ll also be factory tours for all riders, the classic social gathering for food & drinks, plus a giveaway of one of Moots’ Routt 45 gravel bike frames. Register and help fundraise for their local Community Ag Alliance, and together with NBA hall-of-famer Reggie Miller (who will also ride) for cycling clubs at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Moots.com
- Win entry to The Mid South, plus 20% of Vittoria tires for all – Vittoria is sponsoring The Mid South in Stillwater, OK on March 12th. And so they’re giving away a shot at free entry for the grueling 100-mile ride through gnarly Oklahoma springtime gravel. Who knows if riders this year will encounter fast, hard-packed dirt roads or sticky peanut butter mud. In any case, Vittoria is offering a 20% off discount to anyone who wants to buy some new gravel tires direct from their online shop until the end of February. Use coupon code: TERRENO20 at checkout, and enter to win a Mid South ride at: Vittoria.com & MidSouthGravel.com
More Gear & Deals
- Kitsbow seeking 2022 Ambassadors, this weekend only – Act fast if you want to get in on Kitsbow’s 2022 Ambassador Program, as they close out applications on Sunday. The cycling apparel maker is searching for riders who are passionate about community and adventure, on and off the bike. Kitsbow is looking for cyclists to wear-test their new US-made gear (everything except their gloves & socks), provide development feedback, and simply represent the brand in 2022, both via social media and community engagement. Learn more & apply at: Kitsbow.com
- Brompton titanium & steel P Line folders go live in the US – Hot on the heels of their ultralight $5000 all-ti T Line folding commuter bikes launch last month, now Brompton is actually delivering another lightweight folder at almost half the price – starting at $2750 complete. We got an early look at the Brompton P Line back in December, but now the 9.65kg 4-speed folder is in shops and available online, shaving almost 2kg of their old ‘Superlight’ with a titanium fork & rear triangle.