Little Bellas partner with XC World Champ & 15 other pro women riders – Just days after Kate Courtney became the new Elite Women’s XC World Champion, her and 15 other top pro women riders in North America announced a new partnership where they will act as ambassadors and role models for the Little Bellas to grow their mission of empowering girls through cycling. The ambassadors will work with Little Bellas programs in 25 US states and as part of 60 different development programs by 2022 to help young women realize their potential on the bike.
“Connecting our mission to professional athletes with the launch of our ambassador program, will allow these ambassadors the opportunity to share their love of sport with the next generation, inspire young girls to continue healthy, active lifestyles, and encourage female empowerment in all aspects of their lives,” said Sabra Davison, Executive Director and Co-Founder of the Bellas. For more information, a list of the participating Ambassadors, and event locations check out: LittleBellas.com
- Protect LWCF with IMBA to protect places we ride! – Since 1964, the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) has helped create trailheads, parks, mountain bike trails and other great outdoor recreation opportunities to enjoy all across the country. Eight IMBA EPICS, from Arkansas to Montana to Wisconsin have been made possible through LWCF funding. LWCF is a popular, bipartisan program that reinvests royalties from offshore oil and gas drilling into recreation and conservation projects, but… The program is set to expire September 30 if not reauthorized by Congress. Despite the program’s bipartisan support, 53-year history and long, impressive roster of enhancements made for trails and public lands close to home and across the country, the program is being held up by a small but strong opposition who are impeding the legislative process for reauthorization. How can you make a difference? Contact your representatives and urge them to take the initiative to champion the reauthorization of LWCF. Voice your opinion on LWCF with some help from IMBA here. Or head to: IMBA.com for more info.
Where to Ride
- Still time to shred trail at Saalfelden Leogang – This riding season has been pretty killer at Leogang this season. There’s been blistering summer weather, world-class UCI DH Worlc Cup racing, and their big BIKE Festival Saalfelden Leogang. But even though the kids are back in school, there’s plenty of stoke left on the mountain. Bikepark Leogang is still open until Nov 4 so there’s plenty of time to hit the trails. Bikepark.Saalfelden-Leogang.com
Gear & Deals
- Another week, another custom Limited edition Brooks Cambium – This time the custom C17 was created for last month’s self-supported Silk Road Mountain Race bikepacking across the remote gravel roads and dirt track high in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. To commemorate the inaugural edition of the race, Brooks has released a limited edition model of the Cambium C17 printed with the SRMR event logo on the hard-wearing, vulcanized rubber and organic cotton top. The SRMR C17 saddle features aluminum hardware and hollow steel rails which can be repaired in the event of a serious crash or other misfortune and sells for 150€ through Brooks Premium Dealers or online direct. BrooksEngland.com
- Find the Fizik Aria R3 performance road shoes with a new look – Fizik’s performance all-season road shoe, the Aria R3 gets a new look in Navy Blue. Their perforated microtex upper, toe and heel areas as well as its twin micro-adjustable Boa IP1-B dials, steel-coated single nylon lace system and lightweight lace guides all get the new navy, pair with white microtex on the insteps and across the tongue. Get the 243g, 275€ R3s direct from Fizik or through regular retailers now. Fizik.com
- Ride a virtual Zwift Worlds course, Win a jersey signed by the new champ – From Sept 22-30 join Zwift on Strava to ride the equivalent of the Men’s Elite Road Race distance of 258.5km/160mi either in one go of in multiple rides. Complete the distance and you will be entered to win a signed jersey by the new World Champion, plus a trip to go ride in Innsbruck-Tirol in 2019. Enter by joining the Zwift Challenge on Strava.