QBP opens 2019 Equity & Diversity Internship applications – Quality Bike’s annual Equity & Diversity summer internship program is back again in 2019, and applications are open now. Developed to give college students from underrepresented communities & identities a career jumpstart at the biggest bike industry distributor, QBP has paid positions available in many specialties, from engineering to IT. Internships take place Jun 10 – Aug 16, 2019 at QBP HQ in Bloomington, MN. Find out more & apply now at: QBP.com
Advocacy & Contests
- Tell Orbea how you’ll Challenge yourself in 2019 & they might back you – Orbea wants to help one of its followers achieve a New Year’s Resolution. So if you have a lofty goal that will challenge you in the coming year, tell them about it. Go to their Ambassador Challenge page from now until the end of Jan to tell them about your challenge, and share it all with #OrbeaChallenges2019. Orbea.com
- Win a custom EF Education First Silca HX-One hex set – Silca has partnered up to supply EF Education First Pro Cycling with tools this season. And to kick off the deal they’re giving away a custom edition EF HX-One hex tool set to a lucky follower, the same limited-edition kit the team mechanics will use this year. Enter by subscribing to their mailing list at: Silca.cc
Where to Ride
- Roll out to the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival Mar 1-3 – The red rocks of Sedona are calling you to Arizona. The 5th annual Sedona MTB Festival is less than two months away, and promises another event packed with excellent riding, demos of the latest & greatest bikes (with almost 80 brands on tap), even rumors of new products on the way. Oh and there’s plenty of music & beer besides the three days of unmatched off-road riding. SedonaMTBfestival.com
Gear & Deals
- BYB Telemetry gets Kickstarted – BYB dropped us a note to say that their accessible pro-level suspension analysis & tuning setup surpassed its crowdfunding goal with a week to go. That means you (or your team) still have a chance to back the project, but also that they added a stretch goal that would add analysis of synchronized GoPro footage to their tuning service.
- Slug Plus hits the streets fo just $10 – We saw the low cost Ryder Slug Plug tubeless tire repair kit back in early autumn, and now it is available. It’s being distributed by BTI, which means you should be able to get in almost any US independent bike shop.