Mondraker has announced the new Crafty XR LTD, the only model in this range of carbon enduro eBikes to boast the 400% Assist of the Bosch Performance Line CX Race Motor. To highlight the exclusivity of this limited edition model, Mondraker has given the frameset a Transparent Amber colorway that reveals the layup of the carbon fiber beneath, with yellow accents to match the Ohlins suspension components and Mavic E-Deemax S Wheelset.
Mondraker Crafty XR LTD
Hot on the heels of the Simplon Rapcon Pmax and Orbea Wild, the Mondraker Crafty XR LTD is the latest Enduro eMTB to benefit from the Bosch Performance Line CX Race Motor. It features an exclusive Race Mode capable of offering 400% Assist, and it’s 150g lighter than the Performance Line CX Motor featured on all other models in the Mondraker Crafty lineup.
We got a quick shot on this motor at the Tweedlove Festival and were especially impressed by the Extended Boost feature. It basically continues to provide assistance for two meters after you’ve stopped pedalling, a bonus that could really help in certain technical climbing scenarios where the risk of striking a pedal is high. Check out our first ride impressions of the Bosch Performance Line CX Race Motor here.
The Race Motor puts the Crafty XR LTD at the top of the pile, pitching it as Mondraker’s top offering for Enduro eMTB racing. It is paired with a 750 Wh Bosch Powertube battery, and features the Bosch Smart System’s KIOX 300 Display, top-tube integrated System Controller, and the wireless mini remote on the left side of the handlebar allowing for easy, intuitive switching between assist modes without having to take your eyes off the trail.
Aside from its Bosch CX Race Motor, the Crafty XR LTD is almost identical to the Crafty XR model, save for its love-it or hate-it Transparent Amber colorway through which you can make out the carbon fiber layup. Find the complete spec list below.
Crafty XR LTD eMTB Spec List
- Frame: Crafty Stealth Air full Carbon with 150mm Zero Suspension System
- Fork: 170mm Ohlins RXF 38 M.2
- Shock: Öhlins TTX Air 205 x 65mm
- Motor: Bosch Performance Line CX Race (85 Nm Torque)
- Battery: Bosch Powertube 750Wh
- Drivetrain: E*13 TRS Race Carbon Crankset with SRAM XO1/GX Eagle
- Derailleur Hanger: SRAM UDH
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC with 200mm rotors
- Wheelset: Mavic E-Deemax S 29 Rims on Mavic Hubset
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 29″ x 2.6″ MaxxTerra EXO+
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29″ x 2.6″ MaxxTerra EXO+
- Handlebar: ONOFF Krypton Carbon 1.0, 25mm rise
- Stem: ONOFF Krypton FG 30mm
- Grips: ONOFF Desert
- Saddle: Fizik Terra Aidon X5
The Mondraker Crafty Carbon XR LTD is said to be available “soon” through official Mondraker distributors and the usual sales channels. Pricing info to follow.