Coil springs seem to be back in a big way. While most of the industry got away from metal springs in the past decade, we’re starting to see a number of new options bringing back the super supple ride coil springs are known for.
Using their air sprung Ribbon Enduro fork as a starting point, the Ribbon coil replaces the air spring side with coil spring, naturally. Shipped with soft, medium, and firm springs in the box, MRP says there will also be an extra soft and extra firm spring available for additional tuning. Available in 150, 160, or 170mm travel versions for 27.5″ wheels or 140, 150, or 160mm for 29ers, the fork uses their 35mm stanchions and comes only in tapered steerers with Boost spacing.
Along with their distinctive Outcast arch design, the fork features PSST pressure relief valves in each leg to remove pressure build up from altitude or temperature changes, external Ramp Control at the bottom of the right leg, and a new bladder free damper with a low pressure IFP.
- Preload, 8-position low-speed compression, 20-position Ramp Control, and rebound.
- Travel (in 5mm increments)
- 44mm (27.5″), 46* or 51mm (27.5+ / 29″)
- 180mm PM (Disc only)
CHASSIS / WHEEL SIZE OPTIONS:
- 27.5″ or 27.5+ / 29”
- 27.5″ Chassis:
- 27.5″ x 2.6″ on 35mm ID rim
- 27.5+ / 29″ Chassis:
- 27.5″ x 3.0″ on 45mm ID rim
- 29″ x 2.6″ on 35mm ID RIM
- “Boost” spacing – 15x110mm
- QR15 standard, “tooled” bolt-on axle optional
- 27.5″ 170mm : 562mm
- 27.5+ / 29″ 160mm: 572mm