We hear it all the time – ‘what’s with the $10k bikes?’ While there is certainly a place for the top tier of mountain bike technology and the trickle down benefits those bikes provide, there is also a place for more reasonable priced builds. The term ‘budget’ can mean a lot of things to different people, but when you’re talking about a full carbon frame with a quality part spec, it certainly applies here. Taking the same frame from their $5,899 Timp Peak 2.0 X01 Eagle build, Fezzari has broken through the $3k barrier for build that is almost just as capable for a lot less money…
When we say almost as capable, that refers mostly to the fact that to get the price under $3k the Timp Peak NX1 gets rid of the dropper post. However, the frame is still perfectly capable of running a dropper so once you purchase the bike it would be a great place for your first upgrade (or you can upgrade at the time of purchase for $323 for a Fox Transfer). The NX drivetrain also gives up one gear in terms of range with an 11-42 instead of 10-42 cassette, thought you’re still benefiting from the excellent shifting and chain retention SRAM’s 1x drivetrains are known for.
Suspension wise, the NX1 build uses a Rock Shox Yari RC 150mm Boost fork with a Monarch RT Debonair rear shock controlling 150mm of rear travel. Hardly a budget spec on the suspension then. It’s even more impressive when you consider the full carbon frame including the rocker link for the FRD Tetralink suspension. While the fork is Boost 110 x 15mm, it’s important to note that the rear spacing is 12 x 142mm. Other frame details include internal cable routing, an integrated headset, BB92 bottom bracket, downtube protector, and 27.5″ wheels (non-plus).
Overall, the NX1 seems like an incredible build for the price and should provide a solid platform for future component upgrades. When you add in Fezzari’s 30 day Love It or Return It guarantee which allows you to ride it for 30 days and return it for free if you aren’t happy, the Timp Peak 2.0 NX1 seems like a pretty good deal. Available now for pre-order at $2,999 and bikes will begin shipping June 9th.
- Full carbon frame, front triangle, rear triangle, rocker link, Super-light design, tube shaping optimized for stiffness and weight
- 27.5″/650b wheel size
- Tapered Head tube, rigidity
- 67 degree headtube angle–stable handling and cornering
- Downtube rock guard protector
- Internal cable routing with external brake routing option for a clean look and ease of service
- FRD Tetralink 275 suspension–Smooth plush travel that remains active under braking
- NEW lower 13.5″ BB height–low center of gravity, efficient pedal platform
- Internal dropper post routing–Clean look, keeps the cable from catching on your foot
- 142x12mm rear thru axle– stiffness and strength
- FDT-Frame Defense Technology
- Rock Shox Yari RC, 150mm travel, Boost 110×15 Axle
- Custom Tuned RockShox Monarch RT High Volume Debonair
- SRAM NX1 drivetrain for smooth, reliable shifting
- SRAM Level T brakes with Centerline rotors for more braking power and better heat management
- New oversized Fezzari FRD 35mm clamp handle bars for better leverage and handling
- WTB STP i25 rims for a light weight, strong, tubeless ready option
- Maxxis Ardent/Highroller 2.25/2.3 Tubeless Ready tires with an all terrain tread