- Pirate Race Productions and the Wilkesboro Tourism Development Agency are excited to announce Speedway Cyclocrossapalooza:a full day of cyclocross racing action on Sunday, January 16, 2011 at The Historic North Wilkesboro Speedway. It’ll have racing categories for every age and ability, and will embrace the rollicking party atmosphere that makes cyclocross the stock car racing of the cycling world. Oh, and it’s at the racetrack!
- Today is your last chance for Early Bird pricing on Sea Otter Classic registration.
- Tyler Evans and Lloyd Graves leave Independent Fabrication. Tyler Evans, the Brand Manager, Creative Director, Head of the Welding Department at I.F., and the man behind bikes like the Factory Lightweight, is leaving the company after 12 years. Lloyd Graves, Production Manager and founder, has left I.F. after over 15 years. Graves was the only remaining founding father/mother of I.F.. What these departures mean for the Somerville based (for now) framebuilder remains to be seen. BR will keep you posted.
- Deaf woman hit by truck, blinded, and left for dead, makes remarkable recovery. Emilie Gossiaux, 21, was struck by an eighteen wheeler while riding her bike in New York City on October 8th, she “suffered a traumatic brain injury, a stroke and multiple fractures in her head, pelvis and leg.” At one point a nurse told Gossiaux’s mother that “”her daughter was gone,” and asked about organ donations. But, after five weeks of unresponsiveness…well, you should go read the uplifting and heart-wrenching story yourself.
- Specialized launches First Gear, a program to get 10,000 kids on bikes this year. Specialized wants to get “10,000 kids riding bikes this year who otherwise wouldn’t have had the chance.”
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More