Hot on the heels of our recent cargo box review, Yakima comes out and drops the biggest roof top cargo box we’ve ever seen! Called the SkyBox OhMega, this thing will dwarf most vehicles–but you won’t have to leave anything behind.
The OhMega is so big that Yakima couldn’t even fit the entire thing into their photo studio. The massive box offers 42 cubic feet of storage which is big enough to carry a full-size mattress! No more sleeping pads for your next camping adventure.
It’s also large enough to store a go-kart inside–though you’ll want to check the maximum weight limits of your vehicle. All this storage doesn’t come cheap though. The 4,122lb SkyBox OhMega cargo box is priced by the pound with a retail price of $4,122. Oh My.
- 42 cubic feet of cavernous storage capacity
- Not so Sleek and not so aerodynamic Carbonite textured lid
- Hauls up to 25 campers, including their gear (Not recommended for transporting people, pets or other living things)
- Tool-free installation/removal from vehicle (4 people, or 2 Olympic weightlifters, required for install)
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners to resemble the Superdome
- SuperLatch™ XXL security ensures your gear is safe from all-natural disasters
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle, Perfect for fork lift access.
- Hatch interference guaranteed
- Also available in five actual sizes: Lo, 12, 16, 18, and 21 cubic feet
- Like our full cargo box line up, Made in the USA
- Yakima cannot ship the SkyBox OhMega to Alaska or Hawaii or anywhere for that matter
- Thanks for reading to the end – April Fools 😉
- Weight: 4122 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 144 in x W 66 in x H 72 in