Stages single-sided crank arm power meters launched simple, affordable power measurement to the masses. Now they’re making them even more affordable, with single-leg options starting at just $299. All the same features are here, including an integrated cadence sensor, ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity, active temperature compensation, +/-1.5% accuracy, and IP7 waterproofness. All that’s changed is the price. Here’s what’s on tap:
- Shimano 105 R7000 Power L – $299USD/ £299/ €299/ $549AUD
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 – $349USD/ £349/ €399/ $649AUD
- Carbon BB30, GXP Road, and GXP MTB L – $499USD/ £439/ €499/ $799AUD
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 Power LR – $729USD/ £689/ €749/ $1199AUD
- Shimano DuraAce R9100 Power LR – $999USD/ £939/ €999/ $1499AUD
They say the price drop comes from better manufacturing efficiencies at their Boulder, CO, headquarters. They’re now on their 3rd generation of the electronics inside, having advanced quite a ways since they launched seven years ago.