Ever wondered why your action cam footage never turns into anything remotely close to what GoPro pumps out? So did we, so we reached out directly to the source to find out what settings, mounts, accessories and other tricks they use to create such amazing action videos. In this episode, GoPro Senior Video Production Artist Nick Mitzenmacher explains it all, as well as tips on audio and the art of story telling. If you’re looking to up your action video game, this is a must-listen episode!
Here’s a quick recap of some of the key settings and other tips Nick recommends:
- Set your Hero7 up on 2.7k / 4:3 / 60fps
- Check out Andy’s Elastic plug-in to compress 4:3 to 16:9 w/o cropping
- Use auto-low light, or switch to 30fps for low light situations
- Turn on ProTune to capture more data for better overall color and increased dynamic range
- Set your upper ISO limit to 800 to avoid graininess
- Keep the camera updated using the mobile app
- Mount the camera upside down on their Chest Mount, and aim it just slightly downward, as though it’s pointing at the belly button of someone standing 15 feet away
Want more tutorials? Check out GoPro’s YouTube channel for basic instructions (and tons of inspiration). And check our Bikerumor’s channel and hit subscribe so you don’t miss any of our killer tech videos, pro bike checks and more!
Where to find the Bikerumor Podcast
Find the Bikerumor Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Podbean, and through RSS, or wherever you listen to podcasts! Can’t find it? Let us know which players you use so we can get them up to speed! And let us know who you want us to interview. Click that PODCAST link in the menu and send in your suggestions!
Hit like, hit subscribe, and hit play. Then just get out and ride! Got an idea for a guest? Click here to submit your ideas for who we should interview next!
FOLLOW TYLER & WATTS
Disclosure: Some of these links are affiliate links that may earn a small commission for Bikerumor if you click on them and buy something. This helps support our work here without costing you anything extra. You can learn more about how we make money here. Thanks!