While walking around the MADE Bike Show a few weeks ago, I stopped at the Bike Friday booth and kinda fell for the bicycle that they had on display. The Bike Friday All-Packa was really cool looking and obviously ready for adventure.
A foldable, purpose-built bikepacking bike makes a ton of sense. After talking to the guy in charge of design and production, Willie Hatfield as well as the President of Bike Friday, Hanna Scholz, I come to find out that we share a lot of values and opinions on the state of our industry. Let me tell you, they “get it”.
Bike Friday’s company mission is to “Be a company with a conscience, offering elegant transportation solutions for modern world problems. Passionately build high-quality, versatile bicycles, personalized to empower people, with freedom and convenience, to ride anywhere on a bike that fits them“.
Bike Friday All-Packa
Bike Friday says the All-Packa is the “world’s first bike with all the braze-ons that quick folds in 30 seconds for easy transport to the trailhead”. The All-Packa is built to run tires up to 2.4″ wide. It also sports some geo tweaks for better-loaded, off-road handling.
Custom-built in Eugene, Oregon, to your size and color choice, the All-Packa is ready for adventures and expeditions far and wide. A bikepacking bike that folds quickly would shine in so many different travel situations.
It would make making traveling by bus, train, or cab, easier than with a full-sized bike. You can fold it down to fit in the back of your overland vehicle, adventure van, or even on top of a pack raft while navigating a river.
With the 20×2.4″ tires, I’m sure the All-Packa is a great “dirt rambler” as well, ready for unpaved excursions. While it may not be the most shreddable bike for super techy trails, it is a bike that was designed to tramp around the local logging roads and flowy singletrack of Oregon.
Using 30 years of experience building customized travel bikes, the Bike Friday All-Packa is custom-built by hand to fit you perfectly, and optimized for the key needs of dirt and gravelbikepacking.
- Fits most bikepacking bags on the market with three-packs (3 bottle braze-ons) on the seat mast, fork legs, down tube, and four-pack on the top tube
- Clearance for 20 in x 2.4 in tires. (Widely available around the world.)
- Geometry optimized for off-road gear hauling with a longer front-center and lower center-of-gravity than other Bike Fridays
- The All-Packa is custom fit for riders from 4′ ft 6″ to 6′ ft 4″ in, with better gear-hauling options than any other bikepacking bike on the market.
- The frame folds in 30 seconds (32x24x12″)
- Packs into an airline checkable suitcase – The only bikepacking bike that also flies!
- Rider weight up to 220lbs with no gear weight limits
- E-assist compatible and upgradeable
- Built to your size, color, and component choices in Oregon by our team
The complete bike price below is the base price. There are many options to make the All-Packa fit your specific needs. You can also contact their bike expert to help guide you through the ordering process here.
All-Packa complete: $2,495
Check out everything Bike Friday has to offer by hitting the link below.