Wahoo wants you to shred with Mountain Bike Stars – Wahoo’s month-long Shred Sessions aims to bring together mountain bikers who are either stuck inside, or just confined to solo rides. Big names in all types of mountain biking will come together while many great trails & bike parks are closed to ride together while social distancing.
The Wahoo Shred Sessions kicked off last week and will continue every Wednesday and
Saturday in May, with three different ride times available so riders in most time zones can join in. Every ride will feature a different Pro mountain biker as ride leader, who can chat with those on the ride and will maintain a “civil & inclusive” group ride pace.
The weekly rides are meant to be social, but the month will end with a full-on mountain biker’s “Royal Rumble” to give everyone the chance for a proper virtual race, even if it is still just for fun (and bragging rights!) On tap to lead rides will be: Troy Brosnan, Brook Macdonald, Noga Korem, Sam Hill, Richie Rude, Jerome Clementz, Anita and Caro Gehrig, plus a total of over 50 other XC EWS & DH pros. Complete information on the rides, including a separate list of times in other times zones and instructions for signing up, can be found on Zwift.com
Advocacy & Industry News
- Stan’s NoTubes gets into the Podcast game with Refresh – Let’s introduce you to The Stan’s Refresh, a new weekly podcast from Stan’s NoTubes covering all sorts of bike and bike racing related topics. Hosts Kenny Wehn & Adam Snyder interview athletes, mechanics, team managers & industry insiders about bike news, rumors & races from the past week (when those are actually happening). The Stan’s Refresh aims to offer an inside look at the bike industry, racing, and the people that make all the gears turn. NoTubes.com
- Endura supports NHS Scotland with PPE – Working with several other Scottish companies, Endura is part of a project that started producing half of the non-sterile gowns needed for health and care workers in Scotland. They’ve even been developing a re-usable gown with waterproof, breathable membrane fabric to enter production soon. Topping it off, they donated all their stock of suitable eyewear, then used their logistics team’s expertise to help source even more of what’s needed. Endura.com
Bikes, Gear & Contests
- Open Wi.De. Cyber-Camo Black special edition gravel bike – A collaboration project between bag maker WOHO & Open created this custom finished dream build Wi.De. adventure bike. The bike features a custom black cyber camo set of Woho’s XTouring bikepacking bags, which will also now be available separately. “Spend less time for packing, more time for adventures.” WohoBike.com
- If ever you needed a bell, the time is now with Spurcycle Compact – Launched a couple months back – just as the pandemic was really taking hold – the new Spurcycle Compact Bell completely sold out in the first weeks. Stocks are now resupplied, and more people are thinking of bikes as tools for social distancing transport & recreation. If there was ever a need to add a bell to your flat bar bike, that time is likely now. Spurcycle.com
- Design. Post. Win a set of custom ENVE wheel decals – Remember that online rim decal customizer that Enve jsut introduced? Now they are giving away 10 sets of custom decals for free. To enter you just design your own custom decals, screenshot your design, and share it on Instagram with #CustomENVE and tagging them @envecomposites. ENVE.com
Mega COVID-Deals keep coming!
- Like a broken record… Don’t forget about CoronaDays Deals! – As long as there is a global pandemic, there will be cycling companies offering deals to keep the wheels turning. Help them out by keeping turnover up, with Mega savings. Last week brought Trek bike closeouts at 50% off, 30% off Santa Cruz bikes, 20% off Oakleys, big deals at Competitive Cyclist, and many more deals on electronics, bikes, training, etc… And we expect to see more coming soon this weekend too. Dig through them all in our CoronaDays Deals roundups.