Intense has just unveiled the redesigned 2011 951 downhill mountain bike, the “younger, punk kid cousin of the M9-FRO” pro model. The American-made DH rig is not only redesigned with frame improvements, it’s now cheaper, too. God bless the USA, no?
Intense says the 951 is made for downhill runs, but works just as well doing sick whips at the bike park or going out of bounds for some freeride adventures. More pics and full specs after the break…
2011 INTENSE 951 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Adjustable travel 8”-8.5” (Adjustable via the upper link)
- Same proven and coveted geometry from previous model
- NEW Fixed rear dropout
- NEW 150mm x 12mm rear axle only
- Full 1.5″ head tube
- NEW Replaceable machined derailleur hanger that the rear axle threads into, no nut needed!
- 83mm BB shell
- ISCG 05 integrated into BB shell
- NEW New ushset grease ttings at main pivots
- NEW machined parts on swingarm (Yoke and ‘Y’ Brackets) derived from the Intense M9 Race bike
- NEW Redesigned proprietary hydroformed downtube
- NEW 9.5″ x 3″ FOX RC2 shock damper spec
- World Cup, National and World Championship winning VPP suspension platform
- Handmade at our southern California factory
- Standard colors are ‘Team Green’ (shown), White and Works Raw
Click any image to enlarge. The 951 will come in three sizes, MSRP will be $2499 (USD) W/FOX RC 2 shock and the expected ship date is January 2011.